Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🍏Plant Based Success Stories🎉

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@sidsmom

Thank you for taking the time to list a comprehensive elimination diet. You and @QueenDanceALot are the best! I have no doubt that my friend would turn up her nose at the very thought of even trying removing her favorite foods in favor of feeling on top of her game.

And therein lies a problem with our "healthcare". Oftentimes people who have an ailment run to the doctor for their quick fix. Of course there are conditions that absolutely require doctor consultation/guidance and medications, but sometimes we aren't willing to do the hard work that could ensure optimal health.

I have a friend (currently 57) who has been on blood pressure meds since he was 50. We were at a party last weekend and I wanted to tell him to put the fork down. Granted the party was catered and the food looked delish, but how about exercising a little discipline? Recently I suggested he might have IBS after spending a weekend together and by Sunday he was married to the bathroom--like all day long. Thankfully our mutual friend has a 3 bathroom lake home! Haha! But the truth of the matter is Friday and Saturday he indulged in food like it was the Last Supper. 

Stepping down from my soapbox now but plan to bookmark all the good information you provided. Thank you!

@magicmoodz

Unless someone wants to help themselves there really isn't anything you can do.  They are going to do what they want.

I have a couple of friends who gauge the success of every get together by the food served.  Not the company, not the conversation, not the possible activity.  It's all about the food.  And it's always heavy on animal products and sugar.  And then they complain that they don't have the energy to go for a walk.  They say they want to lose weight (one has to sleep upright in a chair with a CPap (I think that's what it's called) so she can breathe , but won't do anything to help her situation.

What can I do?  Nothing.  They think I'm going to die from not eating meat and dairy. 

This is so true @QueenDanceALot. Whenever we make dinner plans with one of my friends, it really is often more trouble than it is worth. I am totally adaptable. Last week we were staycationing and ate out a lot. I am fine ordering a plain baked potato and eating half of it or a side of steamed veggies.

My friend always wants me to pick a place saying she is flexible when that is just so far from the truth. She can easily turn up her nose at many places/food types. I don't like introducing her to my favorite places because she has to corner the wait staff launching into her gluten free spiel. For the love of God, order a salad.😟

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Carnivore Diet?! Oh my, KETO spin off just drop all the carbs I guess. It screams CANCER to me, it's a fact that higher meat consumption is associated with cancers and especially colon.

Yet, I'm with you, just hearing that made me throw up a bit....... unreal!!!

@SandGirl

There is a You Tube War going on between the Vegans and the Carnivores.

I only know this because there are a few WFPB Vegan you tubers who I follow.

Yup, all meat, all the time.  Or mostly meat fat. 

I'll pass.

Respected Contributor

@

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot  Carnivore Diet?! Oh my, KETO spin off just drop all the carbs I guess. It screams CANCER to me, it's a fact that higher meat consumption is associated with cancers and especially colon.

Yet, I'm with you, just hearing that made me throw up a bit....... unreal!!!

@SandGirl

There is a You Tube War going on between the Vegans and the Carnivores.

I only know this because there are a few WFPB Vegan you tubers who I follow.

Yup, all meat, all the time.  Or mostly meat fat. 

I'll pass.

@QueenDanceALot   My very BFF, we don't live near one another but she has been on a diet her ENTIRE life, goes from one to another, she even did vegan once, WW, Nutrisystem, Jenny Craig, low carb Atkins, YOU NAME IT, well now her and her husband are doing KETO the things she posts on her FB, i just cringe, they don't eat a lot of veggeis, she says they have to many carbs, they are both losing but at what cost?! Makes me cringe, I actually don't have weight to lose, I am happy where I am since I do have quite a bit of musle mass but the thought of no fiber or vitamins/minerals from plants makes me worried about their health. Everyone just wants a quick fix and dont' care about long term issues that WILL catch up to them.

Honored Contributor

98B355B8-CFC2-4B6B-821E-BE5B771653EB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Love plant based success stories!  

Too many to post, but here’s some snapshots.

On all social media just type #PlantsHealHumans.

46C592E3-DD0B-47FA-822E-1859C5506F88.jpeg

CFF4CB5C-5829-4766-889B-8AC29CA51AEA.png

66F6F30C-02FF-4169-BC40-F6860D6DCFF8.png

567A7DF6-8586-4617-8B6D-744F62A1227C.png

Valued Contributor

What I've often enjoyed about plant based before and after photos is that the people rarely look like they were ever overweight, much less 70 pounds or more.  They end up looking radiant.

Honored Contributor

@OkeyDokey

You bring up a really good point...they do look more radiant,

and it’s not just happenstance.  

The increase of plants, greens, non-starch vegetables help heal

the Endothelium, which is the lining inside your veins.

Keep the endothelium healthy & it’s like Teflon,

the blood flow increases & moves smoothly.

Not only is that the foundation of preventing/reversing many

modern day illnesses, but...as a side bonus, your skin looks pretty!

🍑🍅🥦🥑🥬🥒🌽🥕🍠🥔

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot@I have to take antibiotics often and I have now developed ibs.I try to eat low fiber but the 9ne thing that is helping me is manuka honey,turmeric and digestive enzymes.I wouldn’t say all is well but it is better.I was wondering if you have tried any of these yourself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot@I have to take antibiotics often and I have now developed ibs.I try to eat low fiber but the 9ne thing that is helping me is manuka honey,turmeric and digestive enzymes.I wouldn’t say all is well but it is better.I was wondering if you have tried any of these yourself.

Hi @dex!

In the past I have used turmeric just because I thought it was a "good thing", but my doc at the time told me it could be very irritating to an already compromised digestive system so I stopped.  His protocol helped me a lot at that time so I didn't argue!

Regarding digestive enzymes, I have also used them, most recently about 6 weeks or so ago, but I am not using them now.  My digestion is fine and dandy since following my naturopath's advice (I had developed leaky gut again) and only took the digestive enzymes for a few weeks.  I have read that they shouldn't be used long term as your body is supposed to produce them on it's own and if you keep taking them your body will just stop making them altogether.  But for relatively short periods of time they can be very helpful.

Maybe one of the BEST things I've been told is to COMPLETELY chew everything that I eat.  One nutritionist (at the first doc's office) told me to "chew until liquid", but that was also because of leaky gut.  But it is still good advice for anyone with digestive issues as the act of chewing stimulates the enzymes.

I haven't tried Manuka Honey yet but am curious about it and will probably pick some up soon.  I have read that you have to buy the expensive stuff from New Zealand, that there are Manuka imposters out there that try to lure you with their lower prices but you get what you pay for!

Sorry you are having to deal with IBS.  Did you find that fiber irritates your system?  Was curious why you are trying to eat low fiber.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot@Fiber will cause me pain and many trips to the bathroom so I have to eat small amounts especially days I want to go places besides a bathroom.

I hope you try the Manuka Honey.We use it for everything at our house including preventing infection and healing cuts.I used it on my face after a road rash type fall...healed and no scars.You need to purchase New Zealand honey umf 10 or higher.I don’t like to cook with it or heat it so I don’t destroy the healthy enzymes.