Honored Contributor

Re: Plant Based News ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‡๐Ÿ ๐ŸŽ

@QueenDanceALot

I love how things are shared!

I wanted to ask you...lentils...what type of

balsamic vinegar do you use?  Any particular โ€˜flavorโ€™? 

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

The balsamic I have now is just the Balsamic Vinegar of Modena from Trader Joe's (or Trader Giotto's as it says on the bottle Cat LOL)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom  I just bought two of my favorite balsamic vinegar from Whole Foods...it pours like a syrup and is just the best!  It is Napa Valley Naturals Balsamic Grand Reserve Vinegar barrel aged in Cherry Wood.  It has a pink/mauve colored label.  This vinegar has a 4% acidity whereas most are 6% which creates a significant taste difference.  It is a little pricey ($9).  Here is my go to:  3 tablespoons of this vinegar, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon maple syrup (this maybe a no go for you....) you can add a little water to thin.  Sometimes I add fresh basil leaves and garlic in the blender.  I take this dressing with me if eating out because I can always order a salad and I won't eat any oil based dressing.  Treat yourself girl....we work so hard!

@sidsmomwrote:

@QueenDanceALot

I love how things are shared!

I wanted to ask you...lentils...what type of

balsamic vinegar do you use?  Any particular โ€˜flavorโ€™? 

Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGVSuGhnt0

You MUST see this if you are a fan of Chef AJ.

She posted this to show doubters that she actually did weigh over 200 lbs. earlier in her life.

Cat LOL

Super Contributor

I am not vegan. I am a prescatarian (occassionally eat fish) and eat no dairy. I am 65. My recent yearly with my doctor showed my good colestorol very hign, my blood fats excellent etc. so I think giving up red meat, poultry and dairy has been really good for me. The choices and variety are many. Also I had no problems when I went thru menopause.  Another thing important to me is that now I can stop feeling quilty when I see the terrified cattle, pigs etc going down the highway packed in a semi truck to the slaughter house. I still feel sorry for them but I dont feel guilty.    

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALotwrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doGVSuGhnt0

You MUST see this if you are a fan of Chef AJ.

She posted this to show doubters that she actually did weigh over 200 lbs. earlier in her life.

I adore Chef AJ.  

She has given her life to spread the Plant-Based message.

Iโ€™ve put together a compilation of her throughout the yrs.

She began shedding a lot of weight when she stopped

eating nuts & focused on eliminating the SOS (salt, oil, sugar).

Sheโ€™s just a natural in front of the camera.

Johnny Carson segment, what a hoot!

9E02B4AF-DB9D-4D48-8382-6690CE8B848B.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Love Chef AJ, she's pretty inspiring as are the posters to this thread! Anyway, embracing this lifestyle change. Really tasting all what nature has to offer!! I also like HighCarbHannah. Weight is not falling off me like I thought, and she is inspirational in her explanations. Said for her it took two years to lose her weight. DH is making the change to eat better as well, so that's a definite plus๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ. I thought I needed to purchase an air fryer but after doing a ton of reading and researching, my Breville toaster oven is doing EVERYTHING that the air fryer can do, so I'm happy about that. Love and use the Breville every single day (darn near every meal)! 

This is one colossal spud, sliced thin, roasted at 425 for about 15 minutes. I also purchased a rice cooker/steamer from Aldi's for 12.99. Works great. IMG_1381.JPGIMG_1380.JPG

โš“๏ธ
Honored Contributor

I made this last night for my teen son.  Homemade hot and sour soup.....total veg.  He loved it!

P_20180302_171207.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby

HCH is a good example of patience wins the race!

Sounds like youโ€™re eating according to calorie density,

which is always a good thing.  

Instant Pots, Air Fryers...all those things are fun, but in reality,

your toaster oven & new steamer is all you need to make this work!

Question:

Aldiโ€™s..have you tried any of their spices/sauces?  

Anything you could suggest?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom

Hi, I agree about the appliances. At least so far, although Chef AJ and Hannah use the Instant pot ALOT, so it had me thinking, but I really don't feel I need it.

As far as Aldi's sauces, the only things I've tried are their various salsa's and I purchased a black bean dip, but haven't tried them yet. Here's a couple I picked up but then I watch the Tube and they say try not to eat anything that has a label. And I'm sure the sodium is a no-no. But they sounded good for a treat. IMG_1383.JPG

โš“๏ธ