Honored Contributor

Re: Plant Based News 🍓🍇🍠🍎

@MickDwrote:

@sidsmom The beginnings of menopause?????......yup.  I am sleeping better being veg.  I used to wake up at 2, 3, 4.....unable to fall back to sleep.  Not no more!

Giggle.

I danced around that because, unless I’ve forgotten, I don’t remember you ever saying if you were a lady or gentleman...with a nic like ‘MIckD’, it could be either, yes? Ha. 

YES....I wasn’t 100% when I was going through menopause back when I was 48-49-50-51ish. I. Was. Miserable. Night sweats, specifically. I’m so glad I crawled out of that hole. Once I cleaned up my diet, specially lower in fat, it made a huge difference. So happy you’re sleeping better! 

💤😴

Honored Contributor

I recently posted this in Wellness/Commit to Be Fit Challenge.  I want to share this video because it gives you a clear program for plant based lifestyle and will be especially informative for those of you who may be newer to this way of eating:

This is for all my friends in CTBFC....I recently watched a very comprehensive and compelling YTvideo on weight loss that is evidence based.  No matter what your proclivity for weight loss....I think you might find this extremely helpful:

You Tube       Chef AJ  Ultimate Weight Loss            in which she gives her ultimate secrets to weight loss

Understanding caloric density is critical for success in weight loss/health....this video will clearly illustrate this concept.  

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd

Thanks for posting.  

Everyone needs to know about Chef AJ!!

Love her & her passion for Plant Based weight loss.

Many who have purchased an Instant Pot will also have a recipe book...

and Chef AJ’s Red Lentil Chili is a constant fixture with iPot recipes!

Here’s another video:

Meals to make you thin (it’s all about calorie density).

Inspirational!

https://youtu.be/zmXWgBCzdxU

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmomwrote:

@phoenixbrd

Thanks for posting.  

Here’s another video:

Inspirational!

@sidsmom

I'm seeing Chef AJ again this Sunday, along with Doug Lisle and Dr. Bennie.  I've seen Chef AJ and Doug Lisle before and they are very entertaining!  This will be my first time seeing Dr Bennie, but he sounds very interesting.

Want to get Healthy in 2018?

We have three speakers who can help you do just that! Whether you need to lose weight or just get your health back, or figure out the psychological traps, This is the speaker series for you.

Dr. James (Jim) Bennie, MD presents: "Plant Based Medicine."He is double board certified in Family Medicine and Cardiac Ultrasound. He feels very fortunate that his post-doctoral training in nutrition was with John McDougall, MD because without that training it would have been very hard to be educated in the truth about how food directly impacts a person’s health and well-being. He has worked with Dr. McDougall part-time for over six years, managing and educating patients at his Health and Wellness Center in Santa Rosa, which has allowed him to directly participate in the life changing journey a whole food, low fat, plant based diet offers to those who are unwell.

Moreover, Dr. Bennie was one of the first Medical Moderators at NutritionFacts.org, the pioneering website of scientific review on a variety of lifestyle medicine and nutrition topics and he has volunteered many hours helping answer numerous medical and nutrition questions for the websites users with its founder and creator Dr. Michael Greger. Dr. Bennie was also instrumental in helping implement the inaugural Health and Wellness center for Whole Foods Market in Glendale California, allowing him to provide care and lifestyle education for their team members.

He feels very blessed to have a wonderful, supportive and beautiful wife Angie and two amazing teenage sons which push him to be the best father and mentor he can be.

When he’s not working fulltime at the Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center in Redding California he is probably out whizzing by you on his road or mountain bike trying to obtain another personal record (PR) and enjoying the great outdoors.

Dr. Bennie genuinely has a true passion for motivating people and patients to live at their highest capacity, pushing them past their perceived limits to expand their boundaries, to not only survive, but thrive in their hectic lives.

Chef AJ presents: "Tips for Ultimate Weight Loss." She has been devoted to a plant-based diet for almost 40 years. She is the host of the television series Healthy Living with CHEF AJ which airs on Foody TV. With her comedy background, she has made appearances on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Show with David Letterman and more. A chef, culinary instructor and professional speaker, she is author of the popular book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight, which chronicles her journey from a junk-food vegan faced with a diagnosis of pre-cancerous polyps, to learning how to create foods that nourish and heal the body

Based in Los Angeles, Chef AJ teaches a monthly sold-out seminar featuring cooking instruction, nutritional science and song parodies, all delivered with comedic panache. Never content to leave her audience with mere “just do it” advice, she teaches how to create meals to transform their health, how to deal with cravings and food addiction and addresses the emotional side of eating. She is the creator of the Ultimate Weight Loss Program, which has helped hundreds of people achieve the health and the body that they deserve.

Chef AJ was the Executive Pastry Chef at Santé Restaurant in Los Angeles where she was famous for her sugar, oil, salt and gluten free desserts which use the fruit, the whole fruit and nothing but the whole fruit.

Chef AJ is also creator of Healthy Taste of LA and the YouTube cooking show The Chef and the Dietitian, and is proud to say that her IQ is higher than her cholesterol. Chef AJ holds a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell University and is a member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine

Doug Lisle, Ph.D. presents: “The Conditioned Cram”

Dr. Lisle is the Director of Research for TrueNorth Health Center, and th psychologist for the McDougall Wellnes Program. He is the co-author of “The Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health and Happiness.

He lectures nationally on evolutionary psychology, cognitive therapy, lifestyle modification, relaxation, stress management, and weight loss.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom Hahaha!  You couldn't tell from my generic qvc female icon!!!!  I need to find a pic......

My name is Michaele (pronounced Michelle).  It was butchered all the time, so when I went to college I went with Mick......plus I lived with 2 other Michelle's!  Dang Beatles song!   Hahaha!

Cauliflower Tikka masala tonight.  White rice - bad.  I forgot to buy wild rice.....

My son's plate.....lawd, it's been so long since I cooked white rice.....nasty.  I use it when making dolmades.....glad it's gone!P_20180223_165838.jpg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@Caligurll

Oooooo....man you are one lucky duck!

Dr. Jim Bennie.  I’ve never heard of him, but found one of his lectures on YouTube.  I will def watch this weekend.

https://youtu.be/Zh6XL3JoIto

One of these days I would like to make it out to Dr. McDougall’s 10-Day before he retires. Who am I kidding, he’s not going anywhere..Ha!

Let us know how it goes & what you learn!

Honored Contributor

@MickD

Man, I feel silly!  

I didn’t even think about looking at the the generic photo!

White rice is not a deal breaker.

Yes, there is more fiber, etc. in brown & wild,

but lots of tenured PB eaters will eat white rice as their starch staple.

Many Asian households, for generations, fix a pot of white rice

every day for their family. 

Personally?  I love white Jasmine/Basmati over regular brown rice.

White is more delicate & ‘sweeter’, and smells wonderful!,

but I understand if it’s not your fav, there are so many

other starches to choose from!  Just wanted to circle back to you &

those reading, white rice is still a good choice.

🍙🍚🍙

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom Well that's good to know about the white, basmati rice.  I avoid it like I avoid potatoes.....just don't want it stuck on my arss!  I do eat potatoes once in awhile.....I need to get into sweet potatoes....I make those in the air fryer for my son and he loves them.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickDwrote:

@sidsmom Well that's good to know about the white, basmati rice.  I avoid it like I avoid potatoes.....just don't want it stuck on my arss!  I do eat potatoes once in awhile.....I need to get into sweet potatoes....I make those in the air fryer for my son and he loves them.

@MickD

I used to avoid white potatoes, too, like the plague.  I thought they were going to make me fat.  Well, now I buy them by the bagful (got a 5 lb. bag of lovely Idahos yesterday for 2.00).  They have become a staple in my diet and I haven't gained an ounce.  (I've only lost a few pounds eating this way).  My arse is looking really good, Cat LOL

Don't be afraid of the lowly potato!  They are a great choice for starchy vegetables!  I love sweet potatoes, too.   And PURPLE ones!  If you find purple sweets or purple regular ones, give them a try.  They are nutritional powerhouses.

P.S.  I was just talking to a friend yesterday over lunch about wanting to get an air fryer.  What brand do you have?

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll  Wish I could jump in the car and join you!  Meetups in Sacramento...wow are you in the right spot! I visit San Jose fairly regularly, I wonder if they will do this again in the future.   The video that I posted by Chef AJ talks about eating "left of the red line" which is my new sweet spot.  You will probably hear about this since she is sharing her "utimate secrets to weight loss" today.  Are you eating this way and, if so, I would be so appreciative if you would share your results.  Can't wait to hear about your day....have fun!

@Caligurllwrote:

@sidsmomwrote:

@phoenixbrd

Thanks for posting.  

Here’s another video:

Inspirational!

@sidsmom

I'm seeing Chef AJ again this Sunday, along with Doug Lisle and Dr. Bennie.  I've seen Chef AJ and Doug Lisle before and they are very entertaining!  This will be my first time seeing Dr Bennie, but he sounds very interesting.

Want to get Healthy in 2018?

We have three speakers who can help you do just that! Whether you need to lose weight or just get your health back, or figure out the psychological traps, This is the speaker series for you.

Dr. James (Jim) Bennie, MD presents: "Plant Based Medicine."He is double board certified in Family Medicine and Cardiac Ultrasound. He feels very fortunate that his post-doctoral training in nutrition was with John McDougall, MD because without that training it would have been very hard to be educated in the truth about how food directly impacts a person’s health and well-being. He has worked with Dr. McDougall part-time for over six years, managing and educating patients at his Health and Wellness Center in Santa Rosa, which has allowed him to directly participate in the life changing journey a whole food, low fat, plant based diet offers to those who are unwell.

Moreover, Dr. Bennie was one of the first Medical Moderators at NutritionFacts.org, the pioneering website of scientific review on a variety of lifestyle medicine and nutrition topics and he has volunteered many hours helping answer numerous medical and nutrition questions for the websites users with its founder and creator Dr. Michael Greger. Dr. Bennie was also instrumental in helping implement the inaugural Health and Wellness center for Whole Foods Market in Glendale California, allowing him to provide care and lifestyle education for their team members.

He feels very blessed to have a wonderful, supportive and beautiful wife Angie and two amazing teenage sons which push him to be the best father and mentor he can be.

When he’s not working fulltime at the Redding Rancheria Tribal Health Center in Redding California he is probably out whizzing by you on his road or mountain bike trying to obtain another personal record (PR) and enjoying the great outdoors.

Dr. Bennie genuinely has a true passion for motivating people and patients to live at their highest capacity, pushing them past their perceived limits to expand their boundaries, to not only survive, but thrive in their hectic lives.

Chef AJ presents: "Tips for Ultimate Weight Loss." She has been devoted to a plant-based diet for almost 40 years. She is the host of the television series Healthy Living with CHEF AJ which airs on Foody TV. With her comedy background, she has made appearances on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, The Late Show with David Letterman and more. A chef, culinary instructor and professional speaker, she is author of the popular book Unprocessed: How to Achieve Vibrant Health and Your Ideal Weight, which chronicles her journey from a junk-food vegan faced with a diagnosis of pre-cancerous polyps, to learning how to create foods that nourish and heal the body

Based in Los Angeles, Chef AJ teaches a monthly sold-out seminar featuring cooking instruction, nutritional science and song parodies, all delivered with comedic panache. Never content to leave her audience with mere “just do it” advice, she teaches how to create meals to transform their health, how to deal with cravings and food addiction and addresses the emotional side of eating. She is the creator of the Ultimate Weight Loss Program, which has helped hundreds of people achieve the health and the body that they deserve.

Chef AJ was the Executive Pastry Chef at Santé Restaurant in Los Angeles where she was famous for her sugar, oil, salt and gluten free desserts which use the fruit, the whole fruit and nothing but the whole fruit.

Chef AJ is also creator of Healthy Taste of LA and the YouTube cooking show The Chef and the Dietitian, and is proud to say that her IQ is higher than her cholesterol. Chef AJ holds a certificate in Plant-Based Nutrition from eCornell University and is a member of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine

Doug Lisle, Ph.D. presents: “The Conditioned Cram”

Dr. Lisle is the Director of Research for TrueNorth Health Center, and th psychologist for the McDougall Wellnes Program. He is the co-author of “The Pleasure Trap: Mastering the Hidden Force that Undermines Health and Happiness.

He lectures nationally on evolutionary psychology, cognitive therapy, lifestyle modification, relaxation, stress management, and weight loss.