Honored Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

@Suebdoo

Yes I'm still using it.  It's the best eye makeup remover I've ever used.  You don't even have to really rub it.  It just foams right off.

If anything, it prevents abusing your eye area and drying your lids out prematurely.

For me, a bargain at $10.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

[ Edited ]

That is the same cleanser that my eye doc recommended for my blepharitis,  and he gave me a sample wipe, which I then purchased in bulk in a box at Costco pharmacy.  Very expensive for one-time use.

I believe the only rational explanation for making one's eyes look younger is that the medication or ingredients in it reduced the swelling that I had walked around with for months, not realizing just how inflamed my eyelids really were. 

I don't know about the wisdom of using it long-term and continuously without consulting a doctor.  It might be no more safe than using any medication for a long time if there is no real problem to cure.

Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 thanks...sounds great!  Ok now where did you find it for $10 ?  Everywhere I looked is around $18

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's available at all drug stores.

@Suebdoo

I am going to get the pre-moistened pads next time, vs the foam. The box is $10.49 at Wegmans.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35. No wegmans here.  Will look @ CVS oorWalgreens.  Amazon has the 30 pads for $10ish too.  Was the $10 price you said for the pads or liquid?  Sorry for so many questions LOL.  Pads for you because you travel so much?  I looked at reviews and seems a bottle lasts months.  Thanks for the help.  

Respected Contributor

My stepmom kept getting pinkeye after a visit from a home health nurse who admitted she had just come from another patient who had it.  The problem was long after we washed down all surfaces in her home, she kept getting  it and that particular nurse was not requested after that first visit.  

After the third recurrence, I did a walk through of her house (she has her own home and I never contracted it btw) I noticed something.  My stepmom was covering some plates and silverware with the same paper towel.  She said reaching into the cupboard was too difficult for her (86) and so got into the habit of leaving it all out on the counter.  After washing she would cover it with the same piece of paper towel.  It was only 1 large plate, 1 bowl and a few utensils.  

I asked my stepmom why she was re-using the paper towel and she said she didn't want to run out and only had 1 roll left.  I see her 4x's a week and buy her all her supplies so found this quite odd. Against her wishes, I threw it all out, washed her dishes and placed them back onto the counter.  She never had another recurrence.  I make it a point to keep her well stocked in paper towels now.  

Oh and she stopped wearing makeup 5 years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo

The bottle of foam is $18 and the pads are $10.  I need the pads for travel, yes. 

I've been using 4 pumps a day since the 17th and I still have most of the bottle left.  I use one pump for each eye twice a day.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN