Respected Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

VaBelle, you've reminded me that I got the same advice about using warm washcloths ('hot compresses") over inflamed eyelids.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

I went for my follow up this morning and had my pressure tested and my lids checked.

I got the all clear.

Going forward, use preservative free drops for moisture and warm cloths every night for a minute.

Thanks for listening and your good ideas everyone.  I really appreciated it and I learned stuff, too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Anyone ever see The Middle where Frankie gets pink eye from trying on a pair of sunglasses in a store maybe-- The Frugal Hoosier?

I am sorry for you and your pink eye. Have you seen a doctor?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Yes, it turned out not to be pink eye after all.

I have never watched The Middle, but now I will never try on sunglasses in Marshall's again without wiping them down with Purell. ;/

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I went for my follow up this morning and had my pressure tested and my lids checked.

I got the all clear.

Going forward, use preservative free drops for moisture and warm cloths every night for a minute.

Thanks for listening and your good ideas everyone.  I really appreciated it and I learned stuff, too.

@VaBelle35 congrats!! I'm glad that you've gotten the all clear!!! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@VaBelle35 good !!!  I just scanned the posts but does it mean you have to give up MIF now?  

Honored Contributor

@Suebdoo

Yes :*(

But i knew that after the first use.  I've just been in denial.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 Boy I wish I would have logged in to  this conversation weeks ago. I was suffering from something similar for weeks. Finally went in to see an ophthalmologist for what turned out to be severe dry eyes. ( has a long fancy name that I don't remember but in layman terms means severe dry eyes. )   He actually had to numb my eyes to remove matter from both eyes. In my case I did need some antibiotic drops along with OTC Muro drops.  It has taken two rounds but my eyes feel better.  

I was also told to use warm compress around my eyes and to use preservative free (Refresh)drops as maintenance.  Also recommended Systane once daily during dry weather conditions. I think had I been using the product you were recommended ( OCuSoft) that I might have prevented the severity of my condition. I just ordered a bottle on Amazon. I read reviews and looks like it is going to help my dry eye condition as well. Along with my red dry irritated eyes, I also have sensitivity to eye product and over the years have experienced puffy itcry lids.   It sounds like this product is just what I need.  I have a follow up appt. with  my eye doctor and will be interested to see if he knows about this product. 

Thanks is to all that take the time to post, update and share their experiences.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Good luck @pggoody

I have to say, the silver lining in all this was discovering that lid scrub product.  That is a fabulous eye makeup remover.  I use waterproof mascara and BE eyelid primer and it takes it off easily.

I was using trial packets of Purity Made Simple before I went to the eye doctor and it wasn't doing anything for my eye makeup removal.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@bebe777

It looks like it's widely available.  I bought it from their office for $18 and that seems like a good price.

Lid

http://www.ocusoft.com/ocusoft-lid-scrub-original-foaming-eyelid-cleanser-72-fl-oz

@VaBelle35

Hey lady!!  I hope you get the allergy thing figured out!  What a PITA.  I didn't respond to the other thread because I have a question for you.  Are you still using this stuff and are your eyelids still 10  years younger?  I have nada wrong with my eyes but want to try this just for the benefits of the lids you saw  LOL

I am still so bummed for you and your MIF.  I love it too.  I d watch for any auctions but I am fully stocked.