Respected Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

Glad you're on your way to recovery!  My blepharitis used to be evident only in a sort of crusty spot on one eyelid that was mostly hidden by my eyelashes.  However, since I'm no longer a "working warrior" who has to dress up every day, that means I'm  wearing  eye makeup only about once or twice a week.   So far, no more eyelid  problems.

Honored Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

@Lilysmom wrote:

@VaBelle35, I am not sure I have read the entire post but these are my comments.  I went to a walk in clinic when I had pink eye and it was diagnosed there on a Saturday.  They gave me drops which I eventually found out I was allergic to.  My own doctor got me on the right treatment and it disappeared in due course.

I also have belpharitis.  That was disagnosed by my Opthalmologist many years ago.  It is a skin condition which can be managed but not cured.  With proper treatment, it presents no problem.  I have had only one flare up in twenty years.  My Opthamologist told me I could thank my Scottish ancesters for that gift.

I hope you continue to improve.  These things can be such a nuisance.  LM

@VAbelle wow, you've really gone through a lot this past week. I had never even hears of belpharitis before. You've been really thorough and I'm glad you finally got the answers that you needed. 

Best wishes on a speedy recovery!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Oops, should read BLEpharitis, not BELpharitis.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

Glad you're on your way to recovery!  My blepharitis used to be evident only in a sort of crusty spot on one eyelid that was mostly hidden by my eyelashes.  However, since I'm no longer a "working warrior" who has to dress up every day, that means I'm  wearing  eye makeup only about once or twice a week.   So far, no more eyelid  problems.

Me, too!  My derm said it was dermatitis and we talked about what it could be that was causing it (we talked about nail polish remover and figs).

I used a cream on it for about a week and it cleared up.  I thought it was gone but apparently to the naked eye it looked good to me, but under a microscope it was still evident.

And can we talk about this eyelid stuff he gave me?  My eye lids have never looked this good.  I look 10 years younger.  I woke up this morning and was like a new woman.  LOL

Best $18 I've ever spent.  I'm buying a case of it next week when I go back for my follow up.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@novamc1 wrote:

Me, too!  My derm said it was dermatitis and we talked about what it could be that was causing it (we talked about nail polish remover and figs).

I used a cream on it for about a week and it cleared up.  I thought it was gone but apparently to the naked eye it looked good to me, but under a microscope it was still evident.

And can we talk about this eyelid stuff he gave me?  My eye lids have never looked this good.  I look 10 years younger.  I woke up this morning and was like a new woman.  LOL

Best $18 I've ever spent.  I'm buying a case of it next week when I go back for my follow up.

@VaBelle35 lol, it sounds like you've found the anit-aging fountaion of youth. Just out of idle curiousity, what did he give you? 

I'm really glad to hear that your eye issue ogt properly diagnosed and that you're now on the mend... and with "eye lift" results!! Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777

It looks like it's widely available.  I bought it from their office for $18 and that seems like a good price.

Lid

http://www.ocusoft.com/ocusoft-lid-scrub-original-foaming-eyelid-cleanser-72-fl-oz

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@bebe777

It looks like it's widely available.  I bought it from their office for $18 and that seems like a good price.

Lid

http://www.ocusoft.com/ocusoft-lid-scrub-original-foaming-eyelid-cleanser-72-fl-oz

Thanks for posting this.  Will look for it.

Respected Contributor

The label on that bottle looks very much like the wrapper on the (rather costly) eyewash wipes that were recommended by my eye doctor.  Looks like the bottled version might be more convenient and even less costly to use.  I used them for a while, and my husband came home with them one day after a visit to the same eye  doctor.  We did not even use up the full boxes of wipes that we bought at Costco's pharmacy department. I don't doubt that the product is a good thing to use, however.

A simpler and cheaper treatment can involve  rinsing eyes with water after using  just a cotton ball with baby shampoo, or washing your face with  regular mild soap (I use Clinique mild soap bars) or not wearing any type of cosmetics or skin products that might be responsible for the problem.

One eye doctor told me that even a skin product used just on the forehead can migrate down to the eyes and cause eyelid inflammation.

Honored Contributor

@novamc1

Thanks.  I see my derm in a few weeks and she is very much about everyday, OTC remedies.  I know what is causing the dermatitis on my eyes, I thought by using it sparingly I was keeping it at bay.  I was only fooling myself.  LOL  I am allergic to a whole slew of things, usually the botanicals in products.

I know that the itchiness started around the time I switched to a new Kiehl's eye cream (and a new foundation), and I wasn't loving the delivery or the results and I am quite sure it is what contributed to my clogged ducts.  I switched to a new eye cream so we'll see after this is all over how that works.  I haven't started it yet.   I will wait until after my next appointment.  I will try it first without the foundation for a few weeks and see how it goes and then introduce the foundation again.

What was interesting is that he said to use a warm cloth on my eyes to sooth them vs cool or cold. He said instinctively cool feels better but warm works better.  I haven't tried that yet as the drops feel good.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@bebe777

Lid

@VaBelle35 thanks!! I'm definitely going to google it. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy