Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

@Suebdoo wrote:

@bebe777 hey what's wrong with a little healthy corruption amongst friends. LOL  I appreciate your and @VaBelle35 input.  I am going to get the COQ 10 for sure.  What's ALA?

I still need to start a match a thread one of these days when I am not on the Kindle....I type too slow on it LOL

@Suebdoo , Alpha Lipoic Acid is the top supplement on Andrew's list that he hasn't done a TS for yet. I know I should add it to my vitamin regimen but I've been holding out for a TS.

Five to seven years back, Andrew use to talk about ALA and NAC a lot more. In fact they were both in his original Andrew's Five Favorites, a supplement that he was keen on and now has been revised several times and seems to be in the "orphan" MIA supplement status. 

ALA is almost as important to you body as glutathione which your body can make if your feed it properly (don't bother buying glutathione supplements because your body can't absorb them that way). 

Some of the things ALA does for your body: 

* it's a top notch antioxidant and, unlike most antioxidants, it can cross the blood-brain barrier so that it can defend the brain from oxidative damage. 

* like glutathione, it can regenerate/recycle other antioxidants once they are used up (e.g. COQ10 going back and forth from active to reduced status)

* for diabetics, it can enhance insulin sensitivity 

* it can be used as a heavy metal chelator

When I spoke with the Procaps rep this past week, because ALA can regenerate COQ10, that's why I suggested it be bundled with COQ10. The CS guy thought it was an excellent suggestion (but probably way to late for the October COQ10 TS). 

I think it's just an oversight on Andrew's part that ALA hasn't been part of a TS yet. Hopefully that will change next year. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

For years I have used 10 Parts per million strength collidail Silver drops for any eye irritation or signs of infection. It is especially good for a stye In the eye.

I use it for my pets as well if they get pinkeye.

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 , just checking in... how is your eye doing? Hopefully it's on the mend now.

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Hi @bebe777  My eyes are doing well.  I didn't have to take breaks from reading today, so they are definitely feeling better.

I'm hoping to get back to the gym on Saturday.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Hi @bebe777  My eyes are doing well.  I didn't have to take breaks from reading today, so they are definitely feeling better.

I'm hoping to get back to the gym on Saturday.

@VaBelle35 I'm so glad to hear that!!! Congrats!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bebe777

I spoke too soon Smiley Sad

I finished my medication last night and it was back with a fire and fury this morning.  I had it for far too long for it to clear up with one round of antibiotics.  I have this problem with sinus infections as well.  It usually takes 2 rounds before it knocks it out.

I am going to my primary care practice at 3 today.

I had a sneaking feeling it wasn't gone yesterday, so I used precautions when putting on makeup so that I didn't contaminate anything.

{  sigh }

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My primary care thinks it could be iritis or viral and they don't prescribe for that because they have to refract.  I have an appointment with another doctor in my eye doctor's practice tomorrow morning.

I was hoping to avoid going there, but I guess there's no choice.  I'm surprised they could see me.  It's not my regular doctor, but another in her practice.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I changed my pillow case and have a new one lined up for every day this week to change every day.

I washed or wiped down with anti-bacterial wipes some of my glasses and readers.  I've got a whole pile in the car to do tomorrow.

Changed my face towel and will use a new one every time I wash my face this week.

I tossed a fair amount of my makeup.  I go all the way under my eye with my foundation and I swipe my blush across my eyes, so I infected just about everything I have. 

I tossed all of the bottles of eye drops I was using (including my prescription Lastacaft that I just had filled 2 weeks ago).  

I've been reading various places online to make sure I get everything.  I don't want to re-infect myself.

Thanks for your help.

You missed the most important thing....see your doctor and take your meds!!! Everything else is meaningless unless you are on your meds.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Maybe you should ask the doctor if your problem isn't pinkeye, but simply blepharitis, which I've had two opthamologists tell me I have from time to time, and one told my husband the same thing.  It's basically an irritation of the eyelid, and the recommended treatment is one of two things:

--Wash your eyes with a cottonball using water and some Johnson's Baby Shampoo,

or

--Use expensive foil-wrapped eyewash pads.

I don't do either of these things, and if my eye feels irritated, I use Systane eyedrops.

I thought pinkeye was mainly a problem in young children, but I don't know much about it.  Hope you get to the root of the problem and get it solved.

Contributor

I had pink eye many, many times when my kids were little.  I kept getting it a few weeks after it was gone.  Finally, a Dr. told me to get rid of EVERYTHING relating to my face or neck.  I mean face cream, neck cream, fash wash, blush, foundation, brushes, everything. Not just things ear the eye, but the entire face and neck.

It wasn't until I got rid of even my neck creme and blush that I got rid of it.  You could probably get by with cleaning the brushes really, really well in hot, soapy water.

I haven't had pink eye in about 10 years now.  Lots of makeup was lost though Smiley Sad