Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

Instruct your co workers not to use your phone. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pink Eye = Tell me if I missed anything that needs to be tossed out or cleaned

[ Edited ]

Thanks @bebe777

I've already taken 2 pills today (one at breakfast and one at dinner) so I will take 4 more now.

Should I take all 4 at once for the rest of the week or split them between morning and evening like I do now with just 2 pills?

(I just looked at the safe upper limits for Lutein and Zeaxanthin and I'm within range even at that number of pills).

I don't have any Omega -3 liquid, I have the fish oil that comes in the vitamin pack.  I have all kinds of other oils though that I can swig!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

Instruct your co workers not to use your phone. 

Thanks.  I have a locked office, so no one would generally use my phone anyway.  But I'll lock my door tomorrow when I'm in the conference room just in case someone wanders in.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Thanks @bebe777

I've already taken 2 pills today (one at breakfast and one at dinner) so I will take 4 more now.

Should I take all 4 at once for the rest of the week or split them between morning and evening like I do now with just 2 pills?

(I just looked at the safe upper limits for Lutein and Zeaxanthin and I'm within range even at that number of pills).

I don't have any Omega -3 liquid, I have the fish oil that comes in the vitamin pack.  I have all kinds of other oils though that I can swig!

@VaBelle35 , I always go with my instinct so while I'll make a suggestion, I'd encourage you to listen to your body. It may sound silly, but you just might want to ask your body it would find helpful for the healing process and see what happens. Maybe keep asking once a day and listen for any response. 

DHA is the oil that your eyes swim in so, in this case, pairing your lutein/zeaxanthin with Omega-3s are the way to go. -- DHA will help guide the lutien/zeaxanthin to the eye like a magnet -- Even a store brand Omega-3 will have DHA in it, so any fish oil with Omega-3 that your have on hand will do in a pinch. -- Tomorrow get the Nordic Naturals 8oz liquid Omega-3 (around $23).

Don't get the concentrated Nordic Natruals Omega-3 version (called Ultimate or Ultra Omega-3 liquid), it's not a good economic value. 

For tonight, I'd suggest you start with a loading dosage of 4 capsules (with the Omega-3). You just want to start the process. 

For the rest of the week, I's suggest you do two daily divided doses. And each time, before you take your dose, just ask your body if there is anything else you can do to help encourage the healing process. 

I should be up until around 11pm - 11:30pm and I'll be checking back in case you have any other questions. Smiley Happy

I'll be sending you positive energy throughout the week. Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@bebe777 always the wealth of information !!  Love reading your posts!  I can see why you're a process lover!  Glad you got your eye problem fixed.  Hopefully it will work for @VaBelle35 too!!

Wear sunglasses tomorrow!!  Hope it's just an allergic thing and if all you lose is a handful of brushes then that's not too bad.  Hey now is a good time to do the makeup tossing that others seem to be doing. LOL I should do it myself.

Honored Contributor

I have had pink eye twice as an adult, and my issues were very different from what you described.  My eye watered uncontrollably, burned and ached, and was so crusty and oozy, I couldn't open it without the help of a warm washcloth.  My vision was extremely blurry, and someone else had to drive me to the doctor, where I received a shot of penicillin, oral antibiotics, prescription eye wash, and even pain pills.  For days, all I seemed to do was wipe pus out of the inside corner of my eye, use warm wash cloths to remove the dried crust in an effort to open my eye, and wash my hands.  Both times there was a lot more going on than just a show of pink color.   The physical discomfort was unreal, and I did not work until the infection cleared up, which was about 7 days if I remember correctly.   I picked up the first infection from one of my daughters, and the second infection from a co-worker in my department at work.   Be sure to clean the surfaces you touch in your car.     

Honored Contributor

Thanks RedTop - I will definitely wipe my car down. I actually wipe my car a lot because I have been making a concerted effort to not get sinus infections anymore, so when I get in my car from somewhere, I get my antibacterial wipes out and wipe my hands, my steering wheel, etc. I usually wipe my cell phone, too.

I'm glad I have an extra pack of Clorox wipes left from my last business trip.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Thanks @bebe777  I will swing by Whole Foods and see if they have a liquid Omega on my way home from work.  If not, I will get the one Walgreens has that also has Vitamin D in it.

This morning, I will take an Omega out of my Vitamin pack and use that for my morning dose.

@Suebdoo

Last year I did a major makeup purge and only kept the items I use (vs. saving them for a "just in case" situation).  So, everything in my makeup box is stuff I've probably used in the last few weeks.  All of the brushes, eyeshadows, liners and blushes are from BE kits from years ago that I use because I have them and I like them.  Going forward, I can rebuild my makeup case with purpose vs abandon.  As I stated on the eyeshadow thread that Angelpuppy started, I have 3 base colors that I wear all the time and I've created a stash from eBay, so I'm set with those.  The only things I have to replace are my favorite eyeliner brush (which I think I found on Amazon) and my foundation brush.

I am on vacation at the end of September so I plan to go to the mall and visit Chanel and the BE boutique and start playing.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Now that I haven't used any of the antihistamine and other eye drops for 24 hours, my left eye is running a lot more.

But the redness is substantially reduced.  I didn't wash my hair and used a wash cloth and purity on my face so that my eyes didn't get irritated and red.

I'll probably do an oil treatment when I get home.

I'll wash my hair tonight Smiley Very Happy

#wenning

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

have you been to your Dr. for an actual Diagnosis?

keeping things clean is good but you still need to find out the cause and treat that, if you have an infection it can get worse

some of these suggestions are just that suggestions