Contributor

Phytoceramides Andrew Lessman Side effects??

I wanted to know if anyone knows of the side effects or reasons why you should not take Phytoceramides if you have high blood pressure ? Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Phytoceramides Andrew Lessman Side effects??

I did some researchj, dont see any reasons that phytoceramides can raise your BP. 

Contributor

Thanks I checked around and couldn't find anything. I was checking the reviews and someone wrote they couldn't take because of h/b I have been taking it on and off  for a while and everything seems fine and I emailed procaps and they were very nice as always but, of course said ask your Doc. Well My Doc. doesn't like vitamins.. So I just wanted to know what you smart ladies thought.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, there is a corrolation.  I just looked at glycosylceramides and hypertension on pubmed.gov and there are a number of studies that talk about the impact of these 2 ingredients on blood pressure.

This is one of the 3 ingredients in his phytoceramides.

You should read them if you have concerns.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Contributor

Thanks i am going to check it out..

Respected Contributor

I take a BP pill and I have used Lessman's phytoceramides for about a year.  No problems whatsoever, just compliments on my skin.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

If anyone has concerns about the ingredients, I find that their Customer Service is superior in answering questions and concerns. In fact, any time I have a question, they respond with more information than I thought to ask! ha! They are the best. Heart

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Yes, there is a corrolation.  I just looked at glycosylceramides and hypertension on pubmed.gov and there are a number of studies that talk about the impact of these 2 ingredients on blood pressure.

What ingredients are you referring to??  In something like Nusapure the only ingredients are rice powder, sweet potatoes and gelatin from the cap. 

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

What ingredients are you referring to??  In something like Nusapure the only ingredients are rice powder, sweet potatoes and gelatin from the cap. 

I bought AL and just bought Nusapure and will switch off every other day since I have high blood pressure.  

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

It's glucosylceramides in the Andrew Lessman product.  I do not see these so called references in Pubmed you have mentioned showing an impact on hypertension from taking these supplements.  Maybe you can link a specific reference to this?  All I saw was a bunch of stuff about Gauchers disease, unrelated to these supplements.