Respected Contributor

Re: Pfizer Vaxx #2 today

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I had no side effects from either dose of Pfizer, good luck. 

Same for me.

Me three. 

As for side effects, all vaccines and medications MAY also have some mild or severe side effects.

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom 

@deepwaterdotter 

@Shelbelle 

Yesterday, a couple of friends warned me that #2 Pfizer side effects were an issue for them. One of them said to expect to be "out of commission" for a couple days.

For me ... so far so good.  Shot in right arm - I'm right handed.  Eating, crocheting, doing hair and makeup, brushing teeth, etc etc.  I have a 3 lb weight - but I didn't have to use it.  

I had some discomfort when I went to bed last night - but slept through w/o any issues.  Uncomfortable when I got up this morning - took a Tylenol and soaked in a hot bath. 

Listened to a webinar on Vatican art ... ironed a shirt, got dressed to go out, and left here about 2:30 .... just got home about 1/2 hour ago.  

Above right elbow is achy - but another Tylenol should take care of that.

Turned on Amazon Prime Music - stacked up a bunch of albums (Rod McKuen, Leonard Cohen, Joe Cocker) to play to drown out the tinnitus which is rather loud today.  Then cut a piece of cake, pour a cup of coffee - relax and then crochet.  I'm making myself a colorful (jazzy) shawl.

Super Contributor

@KKJ  Unfortunately people who disagree on this forum are always put down.  Sorry KKJ about your nephew, etc.

Super Contributor

@Alexa6352  So sorry to hear about your nephew.  People really do need to be careful especially with young men.  I posted to the wrong person initially.  But I do agree with both of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

@KKJ  I have been reading about that and it scares me. My Nephew who I spoke about has 2 young sons one is 13 and I pray because of what he experienced that he will not have the child vaccinated.

@Alexa6352

This is a decision a parent has to make with advice from the child's doctors. 

I have a grand-niece who has a medical problem. Her doctor says she can not take the vaccine. This  could change in the future. Her parents leave  decisions like this to her doctors. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Pfizer Vaxx #2 today

[ Edited ]

I also had the Pfizer shots. No real issues. After the first shot, a little soreness at the injection site but I chalk that up to an inexperienced "injectionist." Aspirin and lots of arm movement helped the soreness dissipate within about 6 hours. I was a littlle tired for a day or two. Second shot was less painful (different "injectionist"). Slept well, Day after the second shot I had some mild achiness and for a few hours felt as if I might have a slight fever (didn't take my temp). Aspirin again and I laid down under the ceiling fan for a nap -- awoke a few hours later and felt fine. In fact, I felt better than I did before any of the shots - shots, what shots? :-)

I hydrated a LOT before and after each shot, too. I think that helped.

I know everyone is different and some have more reactions than others, but my experience was pretty uneventful. I am thankful for that!

Contributor

@ALRATIBA  You're lucky no reaction to second shot. We got our second Moderna shot yesterday, hubby is fine as always but my arm still is very sore all the way up to my neck. I slept today which I never do. I also felt like I had a fever, took my temp & nothing, good.I feel better now but wiped out. Hopefully I'll be even better tomorow. Just glad to be vacinated,

Honored Contributor

My frequent response to "side effects"- I had a "mild"case of COVID and still feel some consequences of it after 4months. 

I also had unpleasant reactions to BOTH doses of Pfizer.

TRUST ME- a terrible reaction to the vaccine IS NOT NEARLY as UNPLEASANT as having MILD Covid for four weeks.

If you are refusing to be vaccinated because of potential side effects, consider the alternative.

Honored Contributor

@HallowsEve 

It's been over 48 hours since Pfizer Vaxx #2.  I had shot in my right arm / I'm right handed.  No pain or discomfort since early yesterday. 

I've been able to write, crochet, do my hair, makeup, insert hearing aids, etc., etc.

I'm convinced that getting the shot in my predominant arm was a good idea. Ordinary activity "exercised" my arm.

I did the same with the Vaxx #1 - no pain issues whatsoever.  Only side effect was that I was very hungry for a few days, and when I wasn't eating, I was sleeping!  (And - I actually lost four pounds that week!)

------------------------------------

@HallowsEve wrote:

@ALRATIBA  You're lucky no reaction to second shot. We got our second Moderna shot yesterday, hubby is fine as always but my arm still is very sore all the way up to my neck. I slept today which I never do. I also felt like I had a fever, took my temp & nothing, good.I feel better now but wiped out. Hopefully I'll be even better tomorow. Just glad to be vacinated,

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Side effects aren't all a bad thing!

It shows your body is reacting to the vaccination - a positive.

Hyacinth