Honored Contributor

Had my second Pfizer shot today.  Got the same nurse as first vaxx.   We had a nice chat.

I had my Kindle with me to read during the 15 minute post-shot wait.  I chose a comfy upholstered seat in the corner and settled in to read.  People were coming and going and I wasn't paying all that much attention - engrossed in my book. 

I looked up at the clock eventually and realize I had been there almost 1/2 an hour - I hadn't heard the nurse call my name - there had been a lot of people in and out of the waiting room. 

Chatting with some other #2s as we were leaving - while waiting for the hospital elevator.  Comparing #1 side effects, etc.  Speculating on what #2 side effects will happen.  The pros and cons of getting the shots on the right arm vs. the left arm.  

Treated myself to a curry chicken wrap, pint of Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream, and a container of sliced watermelon ... and a nap when I got home.

Everyone is experiencing different side-effects ... after #1 - just hungry and sleepy for a few day.   

Respected Contributor

Congrats on being fully vaccinated.  😁

My grandson got his second vaccine yesterday.  He is 12 (turning 13 soon). All he had was a sore arm overnight. 

Honored Contributor

I was extra tired, and a little achy on day 2 after my 2nd Pfizer.  I'm retired , but I could have worked if I had to. Congrats on getting vaxxed.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Welcome to the fully vaccinated club!

Esteemed Contributor

Aside from very minor injection site soreness, I had absolutely no side effects with either Pfizer shot.  I felt immediately relieved that I won't be fearing covid!!

Esteemed Contributor

i was nauseous for a couple of days after 2nd shot.....

Honored Contributor

Pfabulous! I'm so glad for you! Welcome to the club!

Please let us know how it goes for you the next day or so.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I don't know about everyone else, but I was so relieved after I got vaccinated. I got the J&J, three weeks before they took it out of circulation for those couple weeks. I was not in the least bit nervous when the blood clot story came out. If you do some research online, it seems all of the women were on oral birth control pills. And at 66, I don't have to worry about that. I wish the media would have made that more well known, rather than scaring the ****** out of people. That still leaves a lot of the population that had no problems with it. JMO

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for getting the vaccination. My anxiety was wearing me down before I finally got my vaccine I was miserable. Then my daughter and granddaughter also got theirs. My whole family is vaccinated now. So thankful. 

Trusted Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Congrats on being fully vaccinated.  😁

My grandson got his second vaccine yesterday.  He is 12 (turning 13 soon). All he had was a sore arm overnight. 

I'm glad to see so many young people getting the vax. Thankful for that. Thank him.