Esteemed Contributor
On 9/29/2014 Madisson said:

Spindlegirl ~ Thank you so much for your condolences. My furbaby passed just two weeks after my brother passed unexpectedly, so it has been a double whammy. I visit the Rainbow Bridge site frequently. It is very comforting. It also consoles me to think that my furbaby is with my brother and my father.

Madisson, so sorry for your losses. I can't imagine the pain of your losses coming so quickly one after the other. Blessings to you.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor
On 9/27/2014 ical said:

Oh well. I guess if I said having a Bentley would help with pain management, I could understand. But even in areas and places one cannot have a pet, due to expense, or physical inability, or whatever reason, feed the birds, or listen to that cricket that chirps outside your window, or put a pan of water on your window sill so the bees can get a sip, or maybe a sparrow, or a moth might go to your screen, if you put your shade up and watch it go toward the light shining from the lamp by your bed. And for all you know, maybe even a fish would be better than bitterness. The point is to divert pain and to know you are not alone with it… At least I thought so.

That's so pretty! I do all the things that you list, except own the Bentley.

Cogito ergo sum
Highlighted
Super Contributor
On 10/1/2014 Sweetbay magnolia said:
On 9/27/2014 ical said:

Oh well. I guess if I said having a Bentley would help with pain management, I could understand. But even in areas and places one cannot have a pet, due to expense, or physical inability, or whatever reason, feed the birds, or listen to that cricket that chirps outside your window, or put a pan of water on your window sill so the bees can get a sip, or maybe a sparrow, or a moth might go to your screen, if you put your shade up and watch it go toward the light shining from the lamp by your bed. And for all you know, maybe even a fish would be better than bitterness. The point is to divert pain and to know you are not alone with it… At least I thought so.

That's so pretty! I do all the things that you list, except own the Bentley.

Smile What you do is nicer than a Bentley (which I don't own, either, lol)!

Super Contributor

My pets always sense if I am under the weather, and curl up and bring a calm. So If I am sick they really are like medicine. At times they can almost make me sick with vet grooming bills but never being a parent I say it has to be the next best thing.

A cat is a lot less expensive for me but my cat is demanding and she lets me know when I need to JUMP-

God bless all the little pets. God Bless you !

Super Contributor
On 10/2/2014 BOYINTX said:

My pets always sense if I am under the weather, and curl up and bring a calm. So If I am sick they really are like medicine. At times they can almost make me sick with vet grooming bills but never being a parent I say it has to be the next best thing.

A cat is a lot less expensive for me but my cat is demanding and she lets me know when I need to JUMP-

God bless all the little pets. God Bless you !

Pets are wonderful for their intuitive grasp of things unseen!

Hugs to you! Smile

Respected Contributor
On 9/27/2014 ical said:

Very nice, ical. Maybe it's why we see seniors feeding the birds so often, making a connection with nature.

Super Contributor

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Yes, pets can ease pain. I have 2 Sheltie rescues (Yoda & Chewiee) and 2 Siamese rescues (Kibo & Taki) who were right by my side during my several medical dramas, including Melanoma (Stage 4) a year ago. It seemed like they wanted to draw the miserable feelings out of me.