Respected Contributor

Perioral Dermatitis....on my leg??? Help!

Thre years ago, out of nowhere I had an appearance of what was diagnosed as Perioral Dermatitis on my chin and on one area near my nose. I've had a couple of flare ups since and was treated with antibiotics both oral and topical. I now have a nickel-size spot on my leg that looks just like P D. I am seeing my doctor this week. Many of you were helpful when I posted here before about your symtoms and treatments. Has anyone had PD on your body???? Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Perioral Dermatitis....on my leg??? Help!

[ Edited ]

Is the "nickel size" spot extremely burning and tender?    Could be discoid dermatitis.   Try taking lysine.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellaphantwrote:

Thre years ago, out of nowhere I had an appearance of what was diagnosed as Perioral Dermatitis on my chin and on one area near my nose. I've had a couple of flare ups since and was treated with antibiotics both oral and topical. I now have a nickel-size spot on my leg that looks just like P D. I am seeing my doctor this week. Many of you were helpful when I posted here before about your symtoms and treatments. Has anyone had PD on your body???? Thanks!

@ellaphant

By virtue of its name, Perioral Dermatitis is a skin condition found on the face.  Since the spot on your leg can be caused by allergy, bacteria, fungus, or virus, a dermatologist will do a culture to identify the pathogen.  As soon as it is diagnosed, he/she will prescribe the correct medication to clear it up.  Good luck!

Honored Contributor

It's probably another class of dermatitis, see your doctor and let him or her look at it ad treat it.