Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Do a Google search for Losartan recall and it will explain the chemical impurities found in this and many other drugs.   

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I went to my local pharmacy today to renew a blood pressure medication.i was told they are having a hard time getting this pill in due to covid.never thought percriptions would be a problem.script name is larsartin. im sure my spelling is way off on this drug.has anyone else had this problem with scripts?

@Luvsmyfam 

It's Losartin.   I don't know if your pharmacist got it in or not, but have a Plan B ....  ask your pharm to call your MD and see if there's an alternative they can prescribe for you.   Just in case.

Esteemed Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I went to my local pharmacy today to renew a blood pressure medication.i was told they are having a hard time getting this pill in due to covid.never thought percriptions would be a problem.script name is larsartin. im sure my spelling is way off on this drug.has anyone else had this problem with scripts?

@Luvsmyfam 

No problems here. We get all of our prescriptions via mail order. Got 1 of my prescriptions last week, and just got an  email today, that 2 more of them have shipped.

I don't take, or know anything about "larsartin", nor what issues for which is prescribed.

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

Losartin was / is on a recall due to some cancer causing ingredients , l believe .  It's only the certain dosage, not sure what that was .  I got tons of notifications about this , but I was already off that drug so paid little attention to the warnings .

Honored Contributor

We haven't had issues with medications but with diabetic supplies. 

The last time it was lancets, this time around it was testing strips.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 yes,they did get it in,but I am going to get more info on this pill

Honored Contributor

Re: Percriptions

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

This is one of the things I worry about.  What if China cuts us off?  I wish the government would try to get more pharm manufacturing going here!  

@Sooner , not all drugs are manufactured in China.  Many are manufactured in India, but a lot are also manufactured all over.  One of my scripts is manufactured in Puerto Rico and was disrupted by one of the hurricanes.  Losartan is manufactured in Slovenia.

Honored Contributor

Re: Percriptions

[ Edited ]

If Losartan has not gone generic your physician probably has a closet full of samples.

When I was first diagnosed, I started taking it, made me swell up like a balloon.   Then I went to Bystolic, a beta blocker, with no problems.   It is wicked expensive & I always got samples from my physician as well as a script but it's now generic.  MUCH cheaper.

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam 

Losartan is a safe BP drug.   

You should have received written notification if your prescription refills were ever from a tainted batch of the medication that was recalled.   

Suppliers are still receiving limited quantities of this popular med, which is why there are still delays with refills.   

Esteemed Contributor
Received my mail order medications from Kaiser last week and forgot to open the package. After reading about Losartan, I checked and have received my 90 day supply. Didn't know there was a shortage of this medication.