Regular Contributor

Im 63 years old with bad knees. I was hoping someone can recommend these exercises. Which one they have and if they like it.

Honored Contributor

@jagk wrote:

Im 63 years old with bad knees. I was hoping someone can recommend these exercises. Which one they have and if they like it.

look at the reviews of the Cubi on Amazon,   I was very suprised at how positive they were.

I haven't tried any of them so I can't speak from experience 

Regular Contributor

I have one and found the main problem was finding the right height of chair to sit in for peddling....great for your  arms on a kitchen table.  really don't  remember  the  brand most are the same unless  you get the ones that are pretty heavy for the floor and also have bands for your arms as you peddle...mine is the cheaper one  and light weight....I  don't use anymore....hope you like the one you get.......

Trusted Contributor

Re: Peddle exercisers

[ Edited ]

@jagk 

SUNNY HEALTH MAGNETIC MINI EXERCISE BIKE

CUBII

I have both and love both of them. I'd say the bike is a little more of a workout for the knees than the Cubii.  I can't really explain it. You'd have to try them and see which you prefer. 

If you could swing it, I'd recommend both and switching it up every other day or placing each in different rooms. 

They're both very sturdy, substantial and easy to use. The Cubii pedals were a pain to screw on because the holes don't line up perfectly. It's a common complaint with the Cubii.

So easy to use when watching tv, reading, listening to music or zoning out. 

I've used them while sitting on various chairs and couches.  sitting up straight or leaning back (sort of recumbent). No problem.  You move the equipment closer to or further from you until your legs/knees are comfortable. And that can change any given day.  There's no right or wrong. 

I also love that both of these can be pedaled forward and backward. It's good to do both. 

ETA

I have bad knees, too and find that these help. 

Honored Contributor

Based on the responses to a similar post I made here on the forum and on the reviews on QVC and on Amazon, I’m buying a Cubii. It is heavy but it lasts long and is effective for strengthening muscles and burning some calories. 

Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Based on the responses to a similar post I made here on the forum and on the reviews on QVC and on Amazon, I’m buying a Cubii. It is heavy but it lasts long and is effective for strengthening muscles and burning some calories. 

I hope you enjoy it.