Esteemed Contributor

Re: Part D (Rx) cost increase for 2020 = HUGE for me

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal wrote:

@CelticCrafter 

Hi.  So, you have been happy with Wellcare?   I compared it to my plan with Envision RX and it is cheaper, esp. if I use their RX by mail.   I don't want any weird surprises down the line.   

@Bridgegal, neither my husband or myself take any medications and the only reason we bought a Part D plan is because we didn't want to be penalized later on down the road because we didn't have one.  We bought the cheapest plan we could find.

Esteemed Contributor

We got socked with the huge price rice with Humana RX. More than doubled.  Reading through these posts makes me so mad.  Why must this be so confusing,so complicated??!!  It doesn't have to be.  Our "law makers" need to take responsibilty for this unfair mess. Why do we put up with this? So disheartening.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV   Our lawmakers are the reason for this complicated mess. They overhauled Medicare and supplements and added Advantage Plans so that everything would be more streamlined. Yes, I agree they need to take responsibility for this.

I started to work for a health insurance company in 1988, so I have seen many changes over the years.  

i think our lawmakes mean well, but they have no experience.  To help them, they bring in CEO's and other big brass from health insurance for guidance.  I know that they don't have a clue either.

No one asks the grunts who man the phones and see the problems and know what works and what doesn't.  

Our government has only made things worse.  I don't see it getting any better soon. In the meantime, we have no choice but to do our research and ask for help from knowledgeable people. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie Maybe if they (our lawmakers)  had to wade through this mess like we do instead of having their own special deals. It's ridiculous what we put up with. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV   Oh, I agree.  i used to handle their health insurance.  They have their secretaries do all of their calling.  

Boy, did they get upset when HIPAA prevented us from answering any questions without the proper paperwork giving us permission.    I been yelled at a few times and reminded them that this was their idea.  How soon they forget.

Respected Contributor

@CelticCrafter 

May I suggest that if you ever decide to go with them, read verified reviews online first.  They are horrible.   Review after review , just terrible.   Horror stories.

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal apparently you are not reading my posts correctly.

We do not take any medications at all.  They were the cheapest plan available to us and the ONLY reason we HAVE Wellcare is because we do not want to be hit with a lifetime of penalties if and when we should ever need a Part D plan. 

If there comes a time when we should need to use them and find they are not all that great, no big deal, we'll put up with it - open enrollment is always an annual option and will switch when we can.