Super Contributor

Which over-the-counter meds do you reach for when pains

are an issue?

For the last few years, I have been using Motrin (IBUPROFEN) for my mild,  pain issues.  I take a baby aspirin every day, but I skip that on the few days I take the other pill.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Esteemed Contributor

Advil. Ibuprophen is the only thing I've ever found that helps most anything. Tylenol is totally useless for me.

Honored Contributor

Do not stop taking the low dose aspirin, that is for HEART HEALTH.

it will not effect the other pain remedies or make you take too much.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Ibprofen

Esteemed Contributor

I used to take Aleve when I got joint pain but my Dr told me to take Tylenol instead. He says that Ibuprohen is bad for me to take all the time. I have no other issues so I don't know why that is until I read about.

I will take Tylenol for a headache, fever or mild ahces and pains....but if I am feeling really uncomfortable...I got to the Motrin or Aleve. That is probably only a few times a month......

Honored Contributor

aspirin

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I used to take Aleve when I got joint pain but my Dr told me to take Tylenol instead. He says that Ibuprohen is bad for me to take all the time. I have no other issues so I don't know why that is until I read about.

I will take Tylenol for a headache, fever or mild ahces and pains....but if I am feeling really uncomfortable...I got to the Motrin or Aleve. That is probably only a few times a month......

@Nataliesgramma

When pain becomes more of an issue, I plan to go back and forth between Motrin and Tylenol.  I figure moving back and forth from time-to-time is a wise choice.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Trusted Contributor

advil has always worked well for me. it relieves the pain in no time and the effect lasts for hours. i don't take it often, so maybe i haven't become immune to its efficacy yet. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

For headaches, I take Excedrin Migraine or tension. 

For body pain, I take prescription Ibuprofen. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Do not stop taking the low dose aspirin, that is for HEART HEALTH.

it will not effect the other pain remedies or make you take too much.

You need your doctor's ok to do that.