Valued Contributor

There are a few items I have used and continue to use. 

I have fibromyalgia. The items are Salonpas, Hempvana lotion and the other is the Arinica cream. There are times that I feel they work and sometimes not so much.

Another thing I have tried and I think it helps is a microwavable heating pad or strip. 

Whatever you decide to use I hope it helps. Pain is not fun.

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop @Please get an XRay before you start. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pain Relief Patches

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

I have a bad shoulder due a fall slipping on ice this past winter and I'm not wanting to take oral pain relievers.  Any recommendations on pain patches that have worked?  TIA!  

For years I've used icy hot patches and the roll on. If you use the roll on, try and find the spot that is causing the pain and really rub that spot. It will hurt but then it would ease the pain.

After my Cervical Spine Fusions I now use the CBD liquid roll on and in a few seconds the pain is gone. It works very well for any kind of pain.

Hope you find something that works for you. Sometimes it takes trying a few things to find one that works for you.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@BornToShop 

There are Icy Hot with Lidocaine patches, there are plenty of roll on with Lidocaine.  

Everything will give you temporary help but it doesn't last.

There's also a max strength odor free Aspercreme with Lidocaine dry spray that numbs away the pain.

Haven't had much success with a patch for any long term relief.

I tried Aspercream with 5% Lidocaine.  Didn't do a thing for me.  Voltaren is much better. 

Voltaren is an nsaid so if you can't use oral nsaids, they shouldn't be used!

Honored Contributor

Re: Pain Relief Patches

[ Edited ]

I use Salon Pas also.

They are the best things i've ever used for pain. I like the small and large but never get the ones with lidocaine which for me doesn't work.

I've had the rx lidocaine patches and didn't think they did anything.

I do think SalonPas patches smell but I love the smell (lots of menthol!)

I also use biofreeze roll on which is nice but doesn't last-good for when you need something for quick relief and don't have a patch.

Heating pads too are wonderful.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

@BornToShop 

There are Icy Hot with Lidocaine patches, there are plenty of roll on with Lidocaine.  

Everything will give you temporary help but it doesn't last.

There's also a max strength odor free Aspercreme with Lidocaine dry spray that numbs away the pain.

Haven't had much success with a patch for any long term relief.

I tried Aspercream with 5% Lidocaine.  Didn't do a thing for me.  Voltaren is much better. 

That's nice, I was only referencing a product that's in my medicine cabinet that I've had success with after the gym with sore muscles and it's available to purchase,

I guess that's why there is an entire aisle full of products that are available, you need to purchase what works for you.  

Honored Contributor

I have a special cream my Dr ordered for me.

I have broken my back in 4 places, have 2 knees replaced, have a piece of plastic in the vertebra at my neck, severe arthritis.

This cream I mainly put on my back is like a miracle.  Everyone says, "How do you manage to put on your neck."

I say when you hurt really bad, you find a way.

It's very expensive and only lasts for a short time.

I'd say to you to start with whatever has the least repercussions.  Then go on to another and so on.

When it comes to finding relief from pain, things that really work can have severe repercussions.  

That's why it is always best to start at the bottom.

As I've gotten old(er) I've come to realize that not every bit of pain can be gotten rid of.  Some I've learned I must learn to live with.

Respected Contributor

What is CBD Ointment ?

Honored Contributor

Can pain relief patches be cut with scissors?

I have ONE finger joint which off and on limits my ability to practice my musical instrument as I want to. 

I only need a strip about 1" x 1 1/2" or so. I could easily cut a larger patch to fit but don't want to waste the part I've cut away.

Any thoughts?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@BornToShop @Please get an XRay before you start. 

My first thought when I read the OP was I hope she's seen a doctor between now and then.