Valued Contributor

**HI Loopy & Cookie!**

We're snowed in here--and will be for the next couple of days I think---it's just brutal. Joe is snowblowing, but our street still hasn't been plowed much, so we are going no where.

Saw my radiation oncologist three days ago. He told me not to worry--that the small mass seen on my CAT scan is nothing--he had me look at it with him--protruding from a thin layer of fat in my pelvis (something everyone has) is a small polyp-like or skin-tag like thing--both of my doctors think it's also made of fat--however--my radiation doctor wants me to have a PET scan in early May, just to "put this thing to bed", as he put it. If my insurance won't approve the PET scan (they cost $5,000!), then he will recommend an MRI instead. He also told me that this mass is definitely not a lymph node--plus, it is located very far away from where I originally had the cancer--and even where I had the recurrence. That's good. I also have radiation cystitis--it's annoying have to go to the bathroom so much, but as long as I don't have pain or bleeding, he's not going to give me anything--he told me my bladder will heal by itself. On a bright note, he told me I look WONDERFUL---so many of my doctors have told me that--I swear it must be the make-up I wear (or did I look bad before?? LOL!!).

I decided not to dwell on this recent glitch--after all, if my surgeon or radiation doctor thought it was something serious, I'm sure they would send me for more tests right away--and not let me sit on it until May, right?

Also, Joe is still working, thank the Lord! Even Joe doesn't know what's going on--his boss is being vague--but for now he still has his job. YAY!!

Today neither of us could get into work--and possibly tomorrow will be the same. If Joe's bus into the city isn't running, he can't go in. They are predicting 6 more inches of snow overnight--on top of what we got today, which looks like 12 inches+. Plus we still had a foot of snow on the ground already---we are getting buried in it!

By the way, Happy Valentine's Day to you ladies!!! Any plans for tomorrow?

Hugs,

GM

Super Contributor

Hi GM!! I'm so glad to see you! What wonderful news for you and your Valentine, just in time for a special celebration!! I'm so happy to hear that! I'm sure it's exactly what your radiation oncologist said! They absolutely wouldn't let things percolate until May, so you should relax now! And how great that he and the other docs (rightly) said that you look wonderful!! Remember Fernando (Billy Crystal) said--it is better to look good than to feel good! Hahahaha! Gotta love him! But when you look good and feel good too, you've got it 'made in the shade' as my mom would say!

We got about a foot of snow today and are expecting more later into tomorrow. I'm hunkering down, still huddled in my house. There's a thick layer of ice (even though the snow is plowed) on our driveway, so my car stays inside, and so do I! Otherwise, I risk careening into the house or the fence! At this rate, I might not have contact with the outside world until the 4th of July!

I'm really happy that Joe is working--things are tough, that's for sure. My hubby's business has been weathering that storm, and after so many rough years, it can really get you down. He went to Chicago for his annual trip to the auto show, so he won't be here for Valentine's Day, but I'm glad that he went because it's good to have a chance to get away from that stress for a few days. Besides, he's been my Valentine for over 50 years, so we can make our Valentine's Day another day! We always say, sometimes you have to be a contrarian!

Before he left he gave me the funniest card ever--a picture of a head shot of a woman in a retro looking TV and the caption reads: At her age she no longer believed in free love........But she was hoping for a senior citizen discount. Hahahaha! Priceless! And he gave me the coolest book called 'Everything I Need To Know I Learned From A little Golden Book', filled with life lessons with appropriate illustrations from Little Golden Books. We remembered just about all of the pictures! It's a perfect present for all of us who grew up with them!

Wishing you and Joe a romantic and wonderful Valentine's Day, filled with fun, love and--chocolate! I hope we'll hear from cookie--I'm a little concerned about her, and hope everything's OK. Stay snug and warm, and roasty toasty, and fill me in on your Valentine's Day festivities!!

Hugs and smooches,

Loopy

Valued Contributor

Happy Valentine's Day Loopy!! And to Cookie too--where are you? We're getting worried--please post soon!!

So good to hear from you, Loopy!!!! You made me feel so much better--that you feel my doctors wouldn't let me go until May without more tests if they were concerned with what was found on my CAT scan--it feel good that you verified it!!

We got lots of snow too--12 inches last week---14 inches yesterday and 6 more overnight--my street looks like Alaska! Thank goodness for snow blowers!! Now I hear they are predicting 4 more inches tomorrow. This has been a crazy winter--so many big snow storms. Last night around 10pm we heard ice pellets hitting our house--it was like a hail storm. I know what you mean about hunkering down and staying inside--which is what I've been doing. No way would I drive to work in this weather--it's not worth an accident.

Joe has been home, too. The bus he takes into the city isn't running, so he had no choice. He's also off on Monday for President's Day--so this turned out to be a mini-staycation! Unfortunately, Joe doesn't get paid when he's not at work--next week's paycheck will be mighty slim--but it's out of his control. He's been busy snow blowing and shoveling--snow is one thing--but so much ice--and it's packed solid. The one good thing is that our power never went out--even though we have a small generator in our shed, it would be impossible to get to--the snow and ice have drifted and are leaning against the shed door--the door opens out, so it would be close to impossible to get to that generator.

Oh my--you've been married a long time, bless you two!! We've been married for 33 years, but we've been together for 42 years--a lifetime!

I LOVE the Valentine's Day card your husband gave you---Little Golden Books--I remember them like it was yesterday! My Mom would bring one home for me every time she went grocery shopping. Terrific memories!!

Joe wanted to take me out to dinner tonight, but it's cold and nasty out---besides the fact the restaurants hike up their prices on this holiday--we'll go out another time. We'll have our usual Chinese take-out tonight (that is, if Joe can get to the restaurant and if the place is open!). I gave Joe the cutest little dog figurine--it looks just like Gracie--found it on eBay last month and i knew he would appreciate it. I told him not to get me anything, but the doorbell rang a short time ago and there was a flower delivery for me--a dozen multi-colored roses in a glass vase with an "I Love You" sparkly heart in the middle of the flowers--just beautiful!!---I really appreciated the colorful flowers after so much snow and stormy weather!!

Tonight on TCM they are playing one of my favorite movies.."Marty"…from 1955--do you remember that one? We plan on watching it if we don't fall asleep (which I tend to do!).

Sorry your beloved won't be home today, but like you said, you two can celebrate the day another time--when you do, I hope it's romantic and marvelous!!!!!!!! Since your husband isn't home, you can be OUR Valentine today--me, Joe and Gracie would be honored!!!!!

Be careful in this weather--dress warm if you go out--watch for ice patches!!!!!!

Love & God Bless,

GM

Contributor
Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!! Loopy, you can be my Valentines as well as my DH is now asleep on the sofa and I'm sitting here all by myself!!! Lol. I'm not complaining though--it's nice to finally have a moment to sit down and relax!!!! That's my present!!! Hee Hee I hope your DH is enjoying the auto show and you are enjoying some "you" time!!! Ohhhhh, i love the book you received---I love love love Golden books--such sweet memories attached to those books!!!! Like you GM, my mom would buy them for me when we would go grocery shopping,,, we didn't have much then so that was always a special treat!!!! :-). And speaking of special, so sweet of Joe to get you flowers!!!!! He's a keeper for sure!!!! :-) GM, I'm so so sorry for all the anxiety you had gone through regarding your health!!!! And I'm sorry for just now getting around to reading the posts and finding out about this!!!! But Thank God all is ok!!!!!! Phew!!!!!! Truly, what a relief!!! As Loopy said, you an relax now!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! Part of the reason I was MIA was because I had to go to the hospital for overnight stay for a biopsy (because of my lupus)---but great news--all is ok!!!!!!!!! Another YAY!! I wasn't overly concerned because I knew my dr was just being cautious!!! :-). So this week I was just taking it easy and recovering---I guess that it was a good week week to get lots of snow!!! Lol. Although in general, this weather has been such an annoyance, ESP with work!!! I haven't been able to work as much because I'm constantly having to take off because of the school closures!!! Hopefully this will be the last snow day!!! I'm glad to hear Joe is still working--I'll keep my fingers crossed nothing changes in that regard!!! Well one more health test for me--then after that, I HOPE I'll be done for a while!!!! I had exam by my gyno dr and he felt some "fullness" on my left side, so I'll be having an ultrasound next week. Hopefully that will go ok!!! Then after that, hopefully I'll be dr free for a while!!! Lol. Well, I'm hearing reports for another 3-6 inches of snow tomorrow morning--WHEN WILL IT END?!?!? I saw a funny picture--it was an outdoor bulletin for a church that said "whoever is praying for snow, please stop"!!!! Yes, please do!!! I for one have had enough snow to last me the next 4 winters!!!! Lol. I also heard that Pennsylvania broke a 140 year record (or something like that) on the amount if snow we have received this year!!! I'm starting to get cabin fever!!!! (And so you know it's bad because I'm a serious homebody). Lol. Well I better get going--I'll nudge my DH to wake up and head to bed!! So romantic aren't we?!?! Bahaha. :-). Oh, btw GM, what makeup do you use?!?!? I'm a makeup junkie and always looking out for something new!!!! Hee Hee. I'll say goodnight and wish you both a wonderful weekend!!! Be safe if heading out!!! Lots of hugs!!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Btw--not sure if I mentioned this before, but for some reason, when I'm typing this on the iPad, the font looks bigger and there are spaces between the paragraphs--but as soon as I hit "submit", the type face is smaller and my spacing is gone!!!!!!!!!!! Makes me mad because it makes it harder to read!!!!! I have no idea why it does that!! I'll try to figure it out!!! Well again, I'll say goodnight!!!! Have a super great weekend!!!!!!! :-)
Valued Contributor

**COOKIE!!!!!**

So very glad you posted!!!!!! Loopy and I were getting concerned, but am glad everything is all right!!

Before I forget, you asked what kind of make-up I use--I'll be happy to tell you! I use L'Oreal Visible Lift Foundation (in Buff Beige), Physician's Formula multi-colored blush (in Blushing Peach) and to set everything I use Mally Poreless Face Defender--it evens everything out and doesn't appear powdery. I wear black or brown eyeliner only on my top lids (I wear glasses and my eyes are small, so the liner makes my eyes stand out a bit--I don't use the liner on my lower eye--that would make them smaller). On occasion I wear eyeshadow--all sorts of brands--I also use a primer on my lids so the shadow stays on. I find that L'Oreal De-Crease works for me as a primer.

I'm very happy that your biopsy came back fine--YAY!!!! I will pray your lupus continues to stay quiet.

Please let us know how your ultrasound goes--I will pray all will be OK.

It is snowing here AGAIN--they say we will get 2-5 more inches today. Between Thursday & Friday we got 19.3 inches--on top of the 12 inches we got last week. I'm so sick of the snow--and the cold. Like you, Cookie, I'm a homebody too--but enough is enough!

I'm thrilled you two posted--it's been awhile--I was hoping everyone was all right.

Be careful if you ladies go out---ice patches are everywhere!!

Love,

GM

Super Contributor

Hi GM and cookie!! I'd be honored and thrilled to be both your Valentines!! Whew, cookie! Are we glad to see you!! I'm so happy that the biopsy was A-OK!! Fingers crossed--I'm holding you in my heart, and sending healing wishes for a good ultrasound report--please let us know how you make out. Oh--from what I gather from posters on the boards, the ipad problem has to do with QVC. How exactly, I don't know!

I'm so glad both of you had a lovely Valentine's Day! How sweet of Joe to send beautiful flowers GM! They are so bright and cheerful, especially in the snowy, cold winter we've had! My good friend from Denmark buys herself a bouquet from the grocery store every week--a habit left over from her days in DK, where the winter days are so short, and the weather so cold that everyone needs a little lift! Sounds good to me, right about now! My Valentine and I are going on 47 years married, but we've been hangin' out together for almost 53 years! Wow!--I remember when I thought someone who was 30 was old!! Ha ha!

Today for the first time, I actually took a walk into town! I looked up and thought--What is that golden orb in the sky? Oh yeah--I remember--it's the sun!! I didn't think I'd see the light of day 'til the 4th of July! But it looks like we're in for another spate of frosty cold, snowy weather in a couple of days--oh, boo! Just when the ice had finally begun to melt from the driveway! No one enjoys being in their own little house more than I do, but even I am starting to get just a wee bit stir crazy!

Take good care, be well and stay safe, both of you! x0x0x0x

An extra heapin' helpin' of hugs--(((((((((())))))))))

Valued Contributor

Hello Dear Loopy!!

Looks like we are in for MORE snow on Monday--they are predicting 3-6 inches up by me, but a foot in the city---oh when will this winter ever end?????

Joe was laid off on Thursday (he knew it was coming), but was able to find another job by that evening. However, he suddenly got very sick and had to go to the doctor---it was thought he had the flu (yes, we got our flu shots)--the doctor tested him fore the flu, but he came up negative--so it's just a nasty sinus infection/bronchitis type of thing. Unfortunately,t being so sick, Joe couldn't start his new job on Friday (it's an outside job and the doctor said NO)--he wanted to start on Monday, but now with the storm coming, he's not sure he will be able to get into the city (especially if his bus isn't running). I hope his new boss understands and doesn't give his job away--always a possibility. And so this weekend will be spent coddling my poor hubby--plenty of hot soup and antibiotics!

I love the story about your Denmark friend--buying herself flowers at the market! I used to do the same when I had the extra money--fresh colorful flowers make everything look happy!!

Did you and your hubby celebrate Valentine's eventually?

My Mom is status quo---not good, but not horrible. At least the wonderful nursing home is keeping her clean, well fed and as healthy as she can be. I haven't been able to get down there to visit her---the weather has been too sketchy--and it's hard to find parking because of the ice & snow in the street--but hopefully we can get down there soon. My brother works 10 minutes away from her, so he gets there once a week when he can.

Cookie---how was your ultrasound?????? Please let us know!!

Bundle up and be careful on Monday-----snow, snow, go away……...

Hugs,

GM

Valued Contributor

**Loopy & Cookie**

My Mom was admitted to the hospital last Monday with pneumonia and sepsis--they didn't expect her to last the night, but here we are a week later and she's still around--but the doctors are expecting her to pass away within a few days or so. She is not responsive--I have agreed to a DNR--no heroic measures--no CPR or ventilation or feeding tubes. I have a phone meeting at 3pm today with her palliative care team--they feel she is in pain and want to discuss options to keep her comfortable so she has a peaceful passing. My brother is having a tough time with all this--he was close to Mom--he cannot make any decisions about her care, but I am consulting with him before I give the doctors permission for anything.

Meanwhile, Joe's Mom was admitted to the hospital yesterday with terrible abdominal pain--turns out she was having a gallbladder attack--and is full of gallstones. She is having surgery this morning to remove her gallbladder. She is 87 years old and a smoker, so we are concerned.

Please pray that my Mom has an easy passing--that is my main goal. I'm trying to hold it all together until Mom is buried--then I can deal with my emotions.

Hope all is well with you ladies…...

God Bless,

GM

Super Contributor

Oh, GM I am so sorry to read this sad news about your mom--I know how difficult is is to bear witness to their decline, and my heart and thoughts go out to you as you deal with this upsetting situation. I'll be thinking of her, and you, and wishing you both peace and no suffering.

Oh my goodness--Joe's mom is in the hospital, too? My mom had gallbladder attacks from the time she was pregnant with me (barely 21.) Of course I never knew this. Much later she said they were much, much worse than childbirth. She finally had her gallbladder out after having dinner at my house one evening. (Who knew my cooking was so toxic?!) I'm thinking of his mom too, with every good wish that she comes through the surgery with flying colors!

And I hope Joe himself is feeling lots better, poor guy! Those bronchial infections are really the pits! I'm so glad he was able to find work so quickly after being laid off, and am so hoping it all worked out for him.

Even though the winter has been never ending, there's a light at the end of the tunnel with Daylight Savings time, and longer days! We've had a little tease of Spring with warm sunny days, but just so we shouldn't get too complacent, Mother Nature is going to sock it to us on Thursday with 20* temps and--the 'S' word!!

Please keep us posted and know that I'm thinking of you---with love---

Take care and be well x0x0x0x0x

Loopy