Super Contributor

Paging Diane J. Re: Essentrics Stretches

[ Edited ]

Hey Diane J..... I just wanted to say again, Thanks a MILLION for turning me on to Essentrics with Miranda Esmonde-White!! Not for sure if it's the CBD oil working to let me move more freely without so much pain or if it's doing the mini Essentric workouts. I'm thinking it's probably a little of both. I've been in pain for so long and have been stretching on my own just to keep mobile. I've searched for the right type of stretches that would be good for my body with no luck.

I can see such a difference in just less than a week with less pain and more mobility! I highly recommend this lady Miranda.

She moves just a little too quickly between stretches for me to keep up, but I hit pause and catch up. I think it won't be long till I can keep up with her. Many many Thanks, Diane! 

Sharing great info among each other is the greatest part of these forums!

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Valued Contributor

Re: Paging Diane J. Re: Essentrics Stretches

Hi @Tabbycat ! Thank you so much for the shout out!!  And for updating me how your week went. I am so happy the stretches (plus the cbd)  are helping you 🤗 The benefit was not only fascia pain relief for stubborn spots but surprisingly,  I also toned up a bit and my posture improved. I just got done with Miranda's Season 9 frozen shoulder stretch to help me sleep more comfortably.  I pause alot, catch up and go at my pace like you...it is tougher than it looks! That's amazing you did them all week and kept at it. It's not as easy when it's new and you're in pain. 

So glad dejavu started that costochondritis thread for us. A blessing to share and help each other for sure! Hope you have a nice, restful weekend! Ps...Here's a relaxing tabby cat for you--you earned it after all the stretching exercises this week 😊💖 Diane

CatCucumber.png

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @DianeJ2 ...I know you are enjoying your new CD set and I do hope you are getting relief from that frozen shoulder. Ouch! I have the shoulder problems too... my whole torso, front and back, hurts all the time. I'm sure my costo is from injury. I haven't been easy on my body through the years.

I am feeling some really noticable relief now and I know a lot of it is finding the CORRECT kind of stretches! It is crucial for me to stretch, or I ache and get so stiff.

Yes, it hurts to do the stretches, but I feel such a difference afterwards

I feel everything beginning to open up in my shoulders, ribs, and hips since beginning the new stretches. Oh, and how could I for get my spine!  I will be anxious to tell my massage guy how well I'm doing next time I go see him....and my chiropractor, too! Chiro probably will not recognize me ...teeheee!

Thanks for that "Cool Kitty"! Have a great week and many Blessings to you! Smiley HappyHeart

Valued Contributor

@Tabbycat  You are definitely inspiring me to keep moving!  Many thanks back 💖

Esteemed Contributor

@Tabbycat @DianeJ2 , while I am not familiar with your issues, be sure to check out YouTube for exercises by professionals for your issue.  My physio guy refers me there all the time.  It is really a great resource.  LM

Valued Contributor

Thanks @Lilysmom! Yes, will do that 😊

Super Contributor

Hi @Lilysmom .... Yes, I agree, Youtube is great! That's where I found the Essentrics Stretches that @DianeJ2 recommended in the Fibromyalgia - Costochondritis thread. I have the ones I can do for now saved there so I can go straight to them.

Best Wishes - I hope you're doing well! Heart

Valued Contributor

FYI @Tabbycat, @DianeJ2 and others, you may already know that PBS airs Miranda Esmonde White's Classical Stretch (essentrics) program seven days a week. In my area, it is shown on their auxiliary (.2) channel at 5:30 a.m. If it airs too early in your area for your preference, it's well worth recording. A great way to start or end your day. Her full body "workouts" are 23 minutes long. Keeps your body in proper alignment, and lengthens and strengthens your muscles. For all ages. There are also sample mini workouts on classicalstretch dot com. Absolutely love her exercises to stretch feet and hands to relieve arthritis.