Esteemed Contributor

Premier Protein shakes WERE the best for me until I went dairy free (I'm mostly vegan). I also wasn't crazy about them containing  sucralose. 

After trying a few dairy free options I found the brand Evolve. Delish! I really missed Premier's strawberries and cream; Evolve's mixed berry is terrific. LOVE their chocolate- it tastes like a 'cheat'! Thier mocha (I guess the equivalent of Premier's latte?) is sooo good too. Their vanilla is a bit 'too vanilly'- so I use it as a base with a variety of berries and almond milk  in my mixer. 

When I drank Premier, I  bought several cases when Costco had them on sale. $20 for a case of 18 was awesome! Evolve is pricier, but it's a small price to pay for my health. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    I have the chocolate/peanut butter in my refrig. now...Love it !!!!

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

Premier Protein shakes WERE the best for me until I went dairy free (I'm mostly vegan). I also wasn't crazy about them containing  sucralose. 

After trying a few dairy free options I found the brand Evolve. Delish! I really missed Premier's strawberries and cream; Evolve's mixed berry is terrific. LOVE their chocolate- it tastes like a 'cheat'! Thier mocha (I guess the equivalent of Premier's latte?) is sooo good too. Their vanilla is a bit 'too vanilly'- so I use it as a base with a variety of berries and almond milk  in my mixer. 

When I drank Premier, I  bought several cases when Costco had them on sale. $20 for a case of 18 was awesome! Evolve is pricier, but it's a small price to pay for my health. 

@Ibby114 

Hmm.  What was it about dairy that was adversely affecting your health?   

Never heard of Evolve, but am also curious ... so what's it made of?   

I've occasionally tried other shakes, but always found Premier to be the best, so I'm interested in your comments.

Trusted Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

I have used Andrew Lessman's meal replacement and gained 5 lbs. on it. I took it for months, and it was TOO good, even though it was only 67 calories a drink. 

It stopped being a "meal replacement," and just became a delicious drink anytime and lots of times.

I've lost the five pounds just by stopping it. Also, I noticed it had corn starch in it, which surprised me.

@febe1  I use that but thankfully haven't gained weight from it but I get what you mean about adding things to it.  I buy the choc and don't really care for its taste so I do add a little bit of choc oat milk and sometimes choc pea protein (because I'm a chocoholic).  Separately, I don't like the taste of the oat milk or the pea protein but it makes the A.L. meal replacement taste better and also in my coffee. 

One thing too I don't like about A.L. meal replacement is the price and I've asked him if he could offer it without the marine peptides and use instead free range collagen peptides which he has said in one of his videos is less expensive. Hopefully, he'll do it because I do take that meal replacement everyday and it's instead of a vit/mineral supplement.  I just feel like I don't need to stock up on other things and feel pretty good with my regime. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114 

Hmm.  What was it about dairy that was adversely affecting your health?   

Never heard of Evolve, but am also curious ... so what's it made of?   

I've occasionally tried other shakes, but always found Premier to be the best, so I'm interested in your comments.

@Tinkrbl44 Dairy free has helped with digestion, maintaining my weight loss (even during the pandemic!) and  my skin is really youthful  for a 62 year old. So many medical conditions are better controlled with an anti inflammation diet as well. I avoid dairy 99%  of the time, there are so many alternatives these days. Although  sharing a slice of Juniors Cheesecake once or twice a year is an exception! Woman LOL Here's the ingredient list of my favorite Evolve (Mixed Berry Beet),  I prefer avoiding sucralose --  Premier Organic (vs their regular varieties) also uses stevia. 

WATER, PEA PROTEIN, SOLUBLE VEGETABLE FIBER, NATURAL FLAVORS, ORGANIC CANE SUGAR, VEGETABLE JUICE CONCENTRATE BLEND (BEET JUICE CONCENTRATE, KALE JUICE CONCENTRATE, WATER, SPINACH JUICE CONCENTRATE, CITRIC ACID), CALCIUM PHOSPHATE, TOMATO LYCOPENE EXTRACT (ADDED FOR COLOR), SODIUM PHOSPHATE, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, GELLAN GUM, DHA ALGAL OIL, TOCOPHEROLS (MAINTAINS FRESHNESS), ORGANIC STEVIA EXTRACT, SODIUM ASCORBATE, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, CYANOCOBALAMIN (VITAMIN B12).evolve.JPG

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caffeina wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

I have a question. I just found a case of Premier Protein hidden in the back of my pantry. It expires in a few days. I hate to toss it. Do you think it's still safe to drink? Thanks.

prem prot date.JPG

@Caffeina in the beginning of the pandemic I found a case of Premier protein shakes. They were a  bit lumpy right out of the container.  I used it as a base in my vitamix and blended berries and/or  bananas  with 1/2 cup almond milk and ice. They came out delish! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@febe1 wrote:

I have used Andrew Lessman's meal replacement and gained 5 lbs. on it. I took it for months, and it was TOO good, even though it was only 67 calories a drink. 

It stopped being a "meal replacement," and just became a delicious drink anytime and lots of times.

I've lost the five pounds just by stopping it. Also, I noticed it had corn starch in it, which surprised me.

@febe1 I gained 5 lbs from Andrew's ChocoNuvo -- my cholesterol did go down though!! Woman Very Happy Admittedly, I did not stick with his 2 pieces/day guidelines. They are SOOO good! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@febe1 I gained 5 lbs from Andrew's ChocoNuvo -- my cholesterol did go down though!! Woman Very Happy Admittedly, I did not stick with his 2 pieces/day guidelines. They are SOOO good! 

LOL - I've had them too, @Ibby114. They're too good and didn't last me long. I'm tempted when he shows them, but I just don't bother. I believe that if you buy it, you're gonna eat it all fast!