Honored Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES - New Flavor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

I bought a variety pack and just had the cake batter. It was good, but a bit too sweet. Choc PB is great, IMO.

I also like the oat shakes but they have a bit more carbs than I should have.

@CritterKeeper 

Honestly, I don't understand Cake Batter.  I've had a couple of them, trying to analyze the flavor, but it just seems (to me) to be regular vanilla, but sweeter.   Maybe I'm missing something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I avoid these as they contain ingredients that I don't consider to be healthy.  I prefer eating real food. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Just speculating, but you must be retired. 

I have tried many shakes over the years and while real food is always the ideal, not everyone has the time in their schedules to prepare a real meal, all the time.   

I am on the go a lot with work, and being able to open a bottle of good quality protein at a red light in traffic keeps me from eating kwap later on because I'm starving.  

@Tinkrbl44 yes, I am, but there are plenty of currently employed and/or busy people who have learned to do advanced food prep and have healthy grab-n-go options ready for the week.  As a matter of fact, DH and I did this last week when we headed out on our trip.  I put together our "Bento Boxes" with good options for us and we stopped midway through our drive to enjoy a picnic rather than getting kwap at an oasis.  Even though DH and I are both at home and I have more time, there are certain thing that we eat on a daily basis so it's a time saver (as well as an energy saver too) for me to do batches of those items that we can draw from daily. I've really changed my views as I have become more aware of ingredients the past few years.  I have learned that long term health is too important and valuable to sacrifice for immediate convenience on a regular basis. If I do need convenience foods, I research first so I can make an educated choice that will comply, or come as close as possible, with our lifestyle.  But that's me.

Respected Contributor

i like the choclate PB, too. I tried the clear drink-not called a shake- and it was terrible.

i haven't seen the cake batter flavor, yet, but it does sound too sweet. Our grocery stores seem to have a hard time stocking it. Maybe that will level out soon.

Respected Contributor

@CoffeeNut   The banana is very good too.  Give it a try.  The peaches and cream is also good.  The only one I'm not buying any more is the chocolate.  I bought a case of them, and got sick of them before the case was gone.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

My favorite is vanilla and then caramel. I have the banana flavor waiting and it will be next in line. I would love to try the PB-Chocolate.

I don't drink them a lot, mostly when I am doing yard work or gardening and don't want to take the time to make and eat a sandwich or small mid-day meal.

Trusted Contributor

I like the PB one with a banana blended in.  I use my blend jet and do it real quick.  I like the chocolate and the cookies and cream one with a banana blended in as well.  I like the Carmel over ice with a shot of coffee.  The vanilla and cake batter aren't bad.  I would love to try the root beer.  The cafe one is good too. Oh heck I like them all just done a little more than others lol,  

Valued Contributor

My local Wally World had a big display of the Root Beer Float, so I grabbed one. Not a flavor that I would usually choose. Honestly, It's not too bad. A bit too sweet for me but better than I expected. It does have a classic root beer taste. Not sure I will get anymore but I wouldn't consider it a failure. 

Honored Contributor

@CritterKeeper wrote:

My local Wally World had a big display of the Root Beer Float, so I grabbed one. Not a flavor that I would usually choose. Honestly, It's not too bad. A bit too sweet for me but better than I expected. It does have a classic root beer taste. Not sure I will get anymore but I wouldn't consider it a failure. 

@CritterKeeper 

Thanks for the review.   I'm hoping my local Walmart will stock it soon, but they are often down to almost empty shelves for this product.   They seem to have the best price of anywhere I have seen locally.