Honored Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES - New Flavor

@CoffeeNut wrote:

What's everyone favorite and not so favorite. 

Favorite: cafe latte,  caramel is a close second.

Not so favorite:Mint chocolate chip. Had a strange after taste.

Has anyone tried Peaches and Cream or Bananas and Cream?   I would like to try those. 

@CoffeeNut 

I've tried them all, repeatedly.   Woman Happy

I liked the Cafe Latte, but it's the only one that has caffeine in it, and I tend to drink my shakes later in the day, so that one is out.  

My very favorite flavor (generally) is chocolate mint, but I thought PP did a very poor job with that one.  Surprised the heck out of me!

Surprisingly good to me:  Caramel, Bananas & Cream and Chocolate Peanut Butter.

Peach is unique and definitely isn't bad; I just like other flavors better.  

At this point, I think my two best flavors are Chocolate Peanut Butter and Vanilla.   JMO, of course.

HTH

Super Contributor

I do my own: buy the vanilla and add whatever flavors I want, ex: cocoa for chocolate, dried espresso coffee for latte, frozen fruits, liquid flavorings, etc. I always keep individual peach fruit packs in the freezer; ditto frozen berries. have added peanut butter and it works fine. 

all of this allows me to control the sweetness, calories, chemicals, etc. 

root beer would be a challenge to make on my own. either flavorings or actual rootbeer ice cubes???

Honored Contributor

@knittykitty wrote:

I do my own: buy the vanilla and add whatever flavors I want, ex: cocoa for chocolate, dried espresso coffee for latte, frozen fruits, liquid flavorings, etc. I always keep individual peach fruit packs in the freezer; ditto frozen berries. have added peanut butter and it works fine. 

all of this allows me to control the sweetness, calories, chemicals, etc. 

root beer would be a challenge to make on my own. either flavorings or actual rootbeer ice cubes???

@knittykitty 

Yeah, root beer is going to be an interesting challenge.

-----

UPDATE ....  Walmart is advertising "order in advance" of this new Limited Edition flavor.   

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I like fairlife, protein  shakes.

My husband too. 

We were able to buy just 1 bottle of the Premier, he dumped 3/4's of it down the drain, he thought it was awful.   I'm glad we didn't have to buy a 4 pack or case.

Honored Contributor

I avoid these as they contain ingredients that I don't consider to be healthy.  I prefer eating real food. 

Respected Contributor

i have taken the little individual powdered drink mixes and put in vanilla shakes. there is an A&W one and Orange Crush, that are good. (think root beer float and cremesicle)

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

i have taken the little individual powdered drink mixes and put in vanilla shakes. there is an A&W one and Orange Crush, that are good. (think root beer float and cremesicle)

@10sluvr 

Very interesting idea ....  thanks.

I am always surprised no company ever came out with a great raspberry ... or raspberry and chocolate ... shake!

Valued Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  I agree, however, there are some folks (me, included) that have had surgery and must get additional amounts of protein.  Bariatric surgery patients practically live on protein shakes for the first few months, if not longer. 

Valued Contributor

I bought a variety pack and just had the cake batter. It was good, but a bit too sweet. Choc PB is great, IMO.

I also like the oat shakes but they have a bit more carbs than I should have.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I avoid these as they contain ingredients that I don't consider to be healthy.  I prefer eating real food. 

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Just speculating, but you must be retired. 

I have tried many shakes over the years and while real food is always the ideal, not everyone has the time in their schedules to prepare a real meal, all the time.   

I am on the go a lot with work, and being able to open a bottle of good quality protein at a red light in traffic keeps me from eating kwap later on because I'm starving.