Trusted Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES - NEW FLAVORS

The best price I have found is at Costco. Their packs have 18 in them..and we pay &19.99 when they have them $7 off which is pretty often. I stock up when they are on sale. WM here is $8.87 for a four pack...too much. I scored big last month when $ Tree bought PP's entire stock of Blueberry with oats and Strawberries and Cream. I went to every store I could find and bought whatever they had. We drink one every day. I was not a fan of the blueberry one but DH loves it. I read that the are redoing the packaging soon and will be using bottle-shaped packaging instead of the cartons and that is how $ Tree obtained them. The Blueberry may be discontinued and the Strawberry is seasonal. Will definitely be looking for the winter mint. I usually love anything mint-flavored.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

The best price I have found is at Costco. Their packs have 18 in them..and we pay &19.99 when they have them $7 off which is pretty often. I stock up when they are on sale. WM here is $8.87 for a four pack...too much. I scored big last month when $ Tree bought PP's entire stock of Blueberry with oats and Strawberries and Cream. I went to every store I could find and bought whatever they had. We drink one every day. I was not a fan of the blueberry one but DH loves it. I read that the are redoing the packaging soon and will be using bottle-shaped packaging instead of the cartons and that is how $ Tree obtained them. The Blueberry may be discontinued and the Strawberry is seasonal. Will definitely be looking for the winter mint. I usually love anything mint-flavored.

@Duckncover 

I'm glad to hear that.  Not crazy about the cardboard cartons. 

I once had some dental work done and my teeth were sensitive, so I took a carton out of the fridge and was going to put it in the microwave for several seconds to take the chill off.  Well the second I hit start the carton started cracking like mad!    Apparently there is a little bit of metal or foil in those cartons!   Yikes, what a noise it made!  

Honored Contributor

Well, I finally received the  Winter Mint Chocolate and was a little disappointed.  Honestly, I think my expectations were just too high.  I expected "spectacular" and what I got was "nice".   

However, what I really disliked is the plastic bottles some product has.   I was unable to peel off the wrapper over the cap OR the seal that covers the bottle.   With the cardboard cartons you can just twist off the cap and drink.  Not so with the plastic bottle.  I may have to complain to the company about this, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I have only seen the plastic bottles in one flavor at the grocery store. I prefer the cartons also. Not sure why they are changing; am sure it has to do with the cost. I forgot to look at how many ounces the bottles have versus the carton. Hope they aren't now selling lass for more like so many other brands.

Honored Contributor

@Duckncover wrote:

I have only seen the plastic bottles in one flavor at the grocery store. I prefer the cartons also. Not sure why they are changing; am sure it has to do with the cost. I forgot to look at how many ounces the bottles have versus the carton. Hope they aren't now selling lass for more like so many other brands.

@Duckncover 

Nope ... it's still 11 ounces in the plastic bottles.   Woman Happy