Honored Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES - NEW FLAVORS

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs   @CAcableGirl2   @CalminHeart   @eadu4   @Spacrazy 

This is a heads up for everyone here .....

If I buy these shakes in store, Walmart has the best every day price.

However ....  I have recently ordered a couple 15 pack boxes, free shipping, on Ebay for less than $25, depending on flavor.  The boxes they arrive in say Sams Club.

Also ....  if you buy in store regularly, you can also get Premier Protein coupons, $2 off a 4 pack, on Ebay.   Very helpful to save $2 per 4 pack.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

Are these supposed to be a meal replacement shake?  The flavors sound good!

@Mom2Dogs 

While they don't say "meal replacement" on the packaging, they have 30g of protein for 160 calories.  Whey protein;  3g of sugar or less.   The taste and consistency is superb, IMO.

Honored Contributor

Well, I tried the cake batter flavor.   Not bad.   Still excited about the Mint Chocolate, which should be out soon.  That's one of my favorite flavors.

Trusted Contributor

Just tried the cake batter, chocolate peanut butter and the chocolate hazelnut. Yup 👍 all good! Seriously. Waiting on the mint. And yeah I’m good having these as a meal. Yummy. Thank you for the tips @Tinkbrl44
Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  Update- I just got the Chocolate Mint today and it is sooooo good.  I might go in and order another 12 bottles since it's a "seasonal flavor".  It's not too minty or chocolately it's just right.   And I didn't find it had an after taste.  My favorites...the Cake Batter, Chocolate Hazelnut, Chocolate Mint, Cafe Latte and the Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Ok, yeah, I'm a fuzz addicted. I only have 1 or if I'm out and about I'll have 2 a day (skipping one meal).  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Cafe latte is my all time favorite - on order every month with A.  Also just tried the Pumpkin Spice; it was good but not enough for reorder!!  Want to try the chocolate mint...

I have one every night for dinner and seems to help with weight control...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eadu4 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  Update- I just got the Chocolate Mint today and it is sooooo good.  I might go in and order another 12 bottles since it's a "seasonal flavor".  It's not too minty or chocolately it's just right.   And I didn't find it had an after taste.  My favorites...the Cake Batter, Chocolate Hazelnut, Chocolate Mint, Cafe Latte and the Chocolate Peanut Butter.  Ok, yeah, I'm a fuzz addicted. I only have 1 or if I'm out and about I'll have 2 a day (skipping one meal).  Smiley Happy

@eadu4 

Well, you piqued my interest, since I've never seen this flavor in stores.   Checked out the PP website to see the flavors with oats, which offers fiber in the drink.

Can you give me (and us) your take on how you like the PP with Oats beverages?  Is the consistency thicker ... or how does it differ ... if it does?  

Trusted Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  I don't really notice a difference at all in texture between the oats and the regular.  It's not "thick" by any means. I was worried the first time I bought one of the "oats" ones.  I didn't realize it at the time and I was like hmm, not sure about this.  But there are no "chunks" in it so no worries about that.  It's not like it has oatmeal in it.  It's just like the regular ones to me.  I'm sure there will be those that see a difference but truthfully I can't.  Smiley Happy  First time I had one of the "oats" ones I couldn't believe it.  I really was expecting it to be thicker and with chunks but nope.  Hope that helps.  

Trusted Contributor

They are great meal replacement shakes, but can be used anytime. DH's cardiologist recommended them when DH needed to drop some weight quickly before surgery. If I drink one, I am not hungry for hours. The caramel one is good in coffee but I also like the vanilla blended with frozen raspberries and blueberries. DH likes the chocolate ones best. 30 g of protein and less than 2g sugar is hard to beat.

Thanks for the info about the new flavors! I will be looking for the winter mint.

Respected Contributor

try the peach blended with raspberries, really good.