Super Contributor

Re: PREMIER PROTEIN SHAKES - NEW FLAVORS!

I love to add some frozen fruit when I want something extra in the evening.  I went to their website yesterday and saw that they have recipes - one was for a flan made with the vanilla version.  I'm so going to try that nd some of the other recipes!  The eggnog and pumpking pie smoothies sound so good also. 

Maybe the person who read about the chocolate shakes having lumps - is it possible that they were talking about the powdered version?

Respected Contributor

When i am motivated to get fancy, and clean my Ninja, I will add frozen fruit, espresso powder, peanut butter powder , canned pumpkin,spices,extracts,etc. and make frozen smoothie. I also have some sugar free Torani  syrups that have made appearances at times.  But I'm not motivated often. Somtimesvariety is good though.

Honored Contributor

@Anita Hug wrote:

I love to add some frozen fruit when I want something extra in the evening.  I went to their website yesterday and saw that they have recipes - one was for a flan made with the vanilla version.  I'm so going to try that nd some of the other recipes!  The eggnog and pumpking pie smoothies sound so good also. 

Maybe the person who read about the chocolate shakes having lumps - is it possible that they were talking about the powdered version?

No, the reviews I read were for the chocolate protein shakes.  Many people said they'd never had the lumps.  I just picked up a four-pack on special at Walgreen's to trySmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

sam's has the usual choco, strawberry and vanilla. they also have the bars, which i have never tried.  i leave for work at 5:15a and i drink the shakes. i look forward to trying the new flavors. i have opened a vanilla and added a splash of flavoring-coconut, raspberry, or orange just to jazz it up.

Honored Contributor

I've been drinking these off and on for the past year.  I buy a case of vanilla at Costco.  I add frozen bananas or strawberries or sometimes both.

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

sam's has the usual choco, strawberry and vanilla. they also have the bars, which i have never tried.  i leave for work at 5:15a and i drink the shakes. i look forward to trying the new flavors. i have opened a vanilla and added a splash of flavoring-coconut, raspberry, or orange just to jazz it up.

@10sluvr

Oh, YUM !!!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

I was reading reviews on the chocolate flavor and several mention that it has clumps in it.  Anyone notice that?

I've never found any clumps in it.   If there were, it is easy enough to shake up since it has a screw cap.   There is also a powder form that can be mixed with water  (or other liquid)  but when I've used that I never have lumps because I blend it in my nutri bullet.  

Trusted Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

As I recall the bars have a much higher carb count so I haven't tried them either.  I could be thinking of a different brand though, but, if that matters to you, make sure you check the carb total. 

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I was reading reviews on the chocolate flavor and several mention that it has clumps in it.  Anyone notice that?

I've never found any clumps in it.   If there were, it is easy enough to shake up since it has a screw cap.   There is also a powder form that can be mixed with water  (or other liquid)  but when I've used that I never have lumps because I blend it in my nutri bullet.  

I tried my first chocolate premixed shake this morning and it was lumpless😊

However, my blood sugar was surprisingly high two hours after drinking it, which was disappointing since it has no carbsSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Just giving everyone an update .... I couldn't help it .... I had to stop and pick up a 4 pack of the Caramel and drank a chilled one this afternoon.       Two thumbs up!