Trusted Contributor

@hckynut thank you Your kind words. I regret every day me Smoking. I grew up in a Home where my whole Family Smoked. My Mother Passed away at 42 and my Father at 76. While my Mother it was her Heart my Dad his was Respirtory Disease and he had Heart Bypass Surgery in his 60's. I too had a Heart Attack September of 2014. Besides I'm a Diabetic for three years now and now this is happening. I already have enough on my plate. So I wish I would have not Smoked years ago.

I quit smoking the day I had my Heart Attack. My Sister just now quit learning of my Cancer.  

Trusted Contributor
Oh goou prepare for this? dness here it is 5:18 and I'm up because I'm having anxiety about being put out for this Test. This is Breathing Tube and everything. How do I prepare for this? Any advice?
Trusted Contributor
Oh goodness how do I prepare for this? Here it is 5:18 am and I'm up because I'm having anxiety about being put out for this Test. This is Breathing Tube and everything. Any advice?
Honored Contributor

@kitty4me wrote:
Oh goodness how do I prepare for this? Here it is 5:18 am and I'm up because I'm having anxiety about being put out for this Test. This is Breathing Tube and everything. Any advice?

Kitty I am thinking of you and will say a prayer for you now and at noon. The more you relax and clear your mind, the more you will be able to be a part of your own recovery.

Spend a moment remembering the most peaceful place you've ever visited. Make that the "go to" place to still your mind. Go there RIGHT NOW.

Go there when you're waiting to be taken for your treatment. Go there when you return to alertness. Trust me, it WILL HELP. Many here are thinking of you and have great hopes for your wellbeing. 

Trusted Contributor
@Coolant I will try. And thanks everyone.
Trusted Contributor
@half pint1 I'm sorry for you and your Family. I was a Smoker and it is a horrible habit. I Smoked for like 35 years regretfully. I had no choice since I had a Heart Attack and I was in ICU. That was what it took for me. Now less than two years it's Cancer. I agree with you Do Not Smoke! Ex Smoker and hoping it isn't to late for myself as well as others. ((Hugs))
Honored Contributor

In loving memory of my dear friend PLEASE, DO NOT SMOKE.  R. was diagnosed with lung cancer in mid-December, 2015 even though she had never been a smoker.  How did she get this disease?  Second hand smoke, chemicals in our air, hereditary factors, how?  The cancer spread quickly and R. lived less than three months after her original diagnosis.  Her funeral was yesterday.  (Tears)

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

It is so sad that we all have these tragic stories about loved ones who smoked. My husband lost his father at 67 and his brother at 51 to heart attacks directly related to their smoking. My son-in-law lost both his parents to lung cancer. Both were heavy smokers. They died within a year of each other, in their 60s. My sister-in-law died of lung cancer two years ago. She never stopped smoking, even though her husband died because of it when he was 51. My husband and I smoked in college but quit 40 years ago. Seeing all these people die made the idea of smoking absolutely impossible. 

Trusted Contributor

@AnikaBrodie I'm so very sorry you lost your Friend to this terrible Disease I'm sending Prayers you're way as I was found to have a Tumor in my Lung in December 2015. Mine is Operable and curable I'm told and yet Yesterday they did a Test with a Scope in my Throat to see if there are Cancer Cells in my Mediastinum Lymph Nodes, I'm praying there isn't. This Surgery yester was scary but nescessary. It went smootly and I went Home yesterday. I'm doing Ok though I have Pain in my Throat and on the outside where the Incision was made for the Scope to go in. If they find Cells in this area I will need Chemotherapy and Radiation for a minimum of six wekks I was told. Then Surgery to remove Tumor  that will consist of removinfg one of my Lobes on the rist side and some Lymph Nodes.Thank you all for helping me get through this first pfase and more to come hoping only one more phase.

Respected Contributor

A chain smoker at work is recovering from lung cancer and she still goes outide and smokes. its sad. real sad