Respected Contributor

Has anyone seen the PHRMA ad making claims that medication prices should not be negotiated? The previous post about the increase in Medicare premiums (which may be the result of the release of a new very expensive Alzheimer's drug) made me laugh at the ad's claims. I wonder if the pharmaceutical industry is beginning to sense the end in sight of their runaway pricing?

Honored Contributor

I've seen several different ads AGAINST lower drug prices.   Have to assume those are "actor portrayals".....not real patients....    Such a farce -- We KNOW WHO doesn't doesn't want to lower the prices.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

That ad makes me so angry I turn the channel as fast as I can. It's obviously sponsored by the pharmaceutical industry. If these big companies cared about the American people they would lower their prices without government intervention. Shame on them.

Respected Contributor

The older I get the more cynical I am getting about our country's leaders. Follow the money. Senators and Congress persons of both parties accept obscene money from Drug,Medical device,insurance companies and  hospitals.

They are not happy making a bazillion dollars. They want more. 

Esteemed Contributor

Big Pharma Is one of the most crooked industries in the country. Of course they don't want price is negotiated, they want to continue to rip the consumer off over and over again.

Frequent Contributor

I particularly like the line where they tell us we don't want the government telling us what drugs we can take, that only our Dr should be able to do that.  Well, my insurance company currently says what drugs I can take, unless I want to pay the full amount myself which of course was beyond what I could afford even before I retired.

Respected Contributor

Maybe something is about to happen with drug prices. Warren Buffet has sold some of his stock holdings in drug companies. The sale was substantial enough that it had to be reported. Perhaps it is a coincidence, but I am hoping the prices are going to be negotiated.

Respected Contributor

Plop plop, fizz fizz, oh what a relief it is.

How do you spell RELIEF?

Face it, we've been programmed since our youth.  Drugs are the answer to EVERYTHING!!  How can you possibly continue living on this planet without being on some sort of medication to quell your symptoms?  Forget about finding cures.  That's a joke.  Treatments and drugs to take for a lifetime,  It's genius.  The human species is the sickest animal species on the planet.  Hmmmm. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing