Honored Contributor

PB Addicition and Weight Gain

I found this Interesting since I am a big PB addict myself. I have cut back over the past two months  Smiley Happy NOT saying PB is the only thing to cause weight gain ya'all!!

A self-proclaimed peanut butter addict once tipped the scale at 350 pounds because of her love for the creamy spread.

Amy LeRoy, a 29-year-old mother of two from Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, is currently unrecognizable after losing 149 pounds in about 10 months by drastically changing her diet

At one point, Leroy says she was eating over 4,000 calories a day.

“My calories were adding up because of the quantity of food I was eating, I was overeating and was consuming way too much peanut butter,” LeRoy told Caters.

“I’d easily eat three large spoonfuls of peanut butter at a time, then I’d have snacks with lots of peanut butter in them too.”

LeRoy – who fought with her weight most of her life – shed some pounds with a gastric band in 2006, but gained back all the weight with her highly caloric diet.

“I was hoping for a miracle and at the time I wasn’t ready to change my diet so drastically and later had it removed due to the pain it was causing,” LeRoy told Caters.

“Since calorie counting I set a lot of small weight loss goals, which made it easier to achieve and now try to keep 85% of my diet healthy.”

LeRoy – who once struggled from social anxiety so disabling that she had to be medicated – isn’t afraid to go out in public anymore.

Her newfound confidence has also pushed her to document her weight loss and on instagram, here she hopes to inspire others like her who struggle with food addiction and who may also be suffering from depression.

“I started posting my progress on Instagram every week and soon I had a following who were cheering me on and encouraging me on my weight loss journey, ” said Leroy.

LeRoy – who consumes 1,500 calories a day now – feels more full of live than she ever has.

Swapping out peanut butter and taco bell with Greek yogurt, salads, lean meats and lots of veggies, has pushed her to help others lose weight naturally.

weightlossfeatureamyleroy.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Re: PB Addicition and Weight Gain

Great that she lost the weight.  But, she wasn't just eating peanut butter and peanut butter laced snacks.

Respected Contributor

I doubt anyone eats more PB than I do (Jif Extra Crunchy, please), and I've weighed 102-105 for a long time.  What will cause me to gain is eating lots of carbs and sugary snacks.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I love anything peanuts. But I can't eat any of it because peanuts contain loads of arginine and that makes me break out with cold sores everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

Peanut butter and peanuts are very low on my list of snack foods.  A jar of PB will last me a year or more.  I put it under the category of "emergency rations".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Peanut butter is a relatively safe snack for me. But, I don't like  tons of it on a cracker.. just a light shmear

Respected Contributor

Peanut butter is not allowed in my home LOL.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

She looks like a new person.  Good for her!!

And of course it's not just about the peanut butter.

I love it myself and don't have an issue with it.

Honored Contributor

I go through about 2 small jars a week and I'm just over 100 pounds.  It can be done if you are mindful of what else goes in your mouth or do a little daily something called exercise.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14  You may have me beat with the PB, but I'd be a close second.  Maybe this is why they say we are nuts!?

Laura loves cats!