Honored Contributor

Thank you SO much for your testimonial.  I have cataracts in both eyes and will definitely have it done as soon as my doctor tells me it's time or if my vision changes so I can't deal with it.

I do understand the lack of light you talk about and am gradually experiencing it and really, really don't like it.  I wore contacts for over 20 years and only stopped when I needed bifocals, just easier to have glasses.  I get cranky when my vision gets blurred or is not sharp, and that's what's happening.

I'm so glad your surgery turned out well and that you are happy with your vision.  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Thank you SO much for your testimonial.  I have cataracts in both eyes and will definitely have it done as soon as my doctor tells me it's time or if my vision changes so I can't deal with it.

I do understand the lack of light you talk about and am gradually experiencing it and really, really don't like it.  I wore contacts for over 20 years and only stopped when I needed bifocals, just easier to have glasses.  I get cranky when my vision gets blurred or is not sharp, and that's what's happening.

I'm so glad your surgery turned out well and that you are happy with your vision.  Woman Happy

@Q4u

Wanted to get back to you to let you know that my right eye only required the cataract surgery.  However, my huge complaint was that I couldn't read street signs until I was right on top of them, as the saying goes.  Just horrible!  To make it worse, so many cities now have white print on a green sign!!!  I don't know who came up with that really lame idea, but it's BAD.  I came from a city that had black letters on a white background for city street signs and they were all very easy to read, even if your vision was a bit compromised.

Living in Portland means everything is compromise, because the budget is shot and there's no $$$ to fix anything like street signs, humongous pot holes of this last winter, trees which require trimming for the upcoming season and the list goes on.  We also have over 2,000 miles of unpaved city streets that people live on that are just dirt.mudholes.  Just my 2 Cents.