Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@DrakesMomma wrote:

The wife of a co-worker of my husband wanted to drop 30 pounds before their son's wedding this summer.  They are planning her funeral now.  The ER providers think her blood sugars may have gone too low.  

Obviously you are trying to make a point but no one believes this silly story. 

You don't believe the story, and why would you accuse another poster of lying?

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I wondered when the horror stories would begin. I don't wish it on anyone.

Having worked in a pharmacy after retiring, I can tell you she received a document with her prescription listing all the good, bad, and ugly. Perhaps she should have read it.

There's a very funny one about someome dying from low blood sugar.  I don't know why but there is a strong anti Glp 1 sentiment on this board.  They don't anything at all about the drugs. They just believe the trash they read and then they add to it.  They also don't understand the medical risks of being obese and morbidly obese.  Yup all the risks were in that package insert that the patient obviously didn't read.

Quite easy to have a hypoglycemic reaction to a blood sugar lowering agent such as Ozempic. If the drug is being prescribed off label to people without diabetes of course some will potentially go too low @chrystaltree . It happens frequently with Type 1 diabetics on insulin. I went into a coma once from insulin and came close to dying. Any blood sugar under 50 which can happen from glucose lowering agents, can in fact kill a patient. Ozempic, Munjaro can potentially kill a person. And the literature proves it.

Signed,

Type 1 diabetic on insulin for 54 years. (Well versed on the topic of blood glucose) 

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree   -  Doesn't matter what you believe.  It matters what I know.  I know there is a man that works at my husband's employer and his family grieving the loss of their wife and mom.  

Trusted Contributor

@Daisy Sunflower wrote:

I know this isn't the case with everyone who is overweight, but so many overweight people are looking for a quick fix.

They don't want to watch what they eat and exercise -- they would rather take a pill so they can continue to eat whatever they want.

Overweight people OBVIOUSLY want the easy way and want a quick fix to lose weight - SAD. TOO lazy to do what is necessary.  NOT hard to figure out. Eat healthy and avoid high fat foods and exercise.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

My stylist began taking Ozempic over a year ago. She wanted to lose weight...she is a beautiful girl and imo doesn't need to.

She took her son on a college visit and experienced such symptoms that she had to be hospitalized. What she had was the complication of stomach paralysis due to Ozempic. 

When she finally made it back home, she lost time at work, etc. and now has huge medical bills, etc.

The next problem that ensued was "serotonin flood".

When this occurs it is very serious. She said she couldn't get out of bed due to having a severe "fight or flight" panic reaction. She couldn't eat but her mom came to her in order to try to get her to eat.

She said that the FDA failed to warn consumers about these severe complications. She has hired a lawyer.

@LTT1 wow !!   I have wondered ever since I heard that people were taking it to loose weight  that there would be serious side effects .   I would not want to risk my health especially with it being so new the serious side effects can take years to get out there like with any new med or in this case a drug intended for one thing and being used for another issue altogether.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I wondered when the horror stories would begin. I don't wish it on anyone.

Having worked in a pharmacy after retiring, I can tell you she received a document with her prescription listing all the good, bad, and ugly. Perhaps she should have read it.

@CalminHeart   ya know she could have read it but ignored it ,  people do .  I always read up on any new med as I am medication sensitive .

Esteemed Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Stomach paralysis sounds absolutely horrid!!!

it sure does !   I can't imagine.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@Meowingkitty That is not fair. Most people that are overweight have tried many times to lose the weight.

If there wasn't so much pressure to look a certain way people wouldn't be willing to try something that may not be safe.

Is Ozempic prescribed in a different way/amount for weight loss than to control diabetes?

Do diabetics have the same issues that people trying to lose weight have?

I see people that look so hollowed out & unnatural from the Ozempic weight loss.

@Dusty1  why would anyone want to look like that !?  I myself don't like skinny , thin yes .  Reminds me of someone who is anorexic ,  they just see themselves as fat. 

Esteemed Contributor

when a doctor prescribes a new med I ask about the side effects and also go right home and read about it ,  many times I can't take a certain medication.  One of my drs gets frustrated with me , but I'm not staying on a pill that causes issues .  There's always an alternative.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@DrakesMomma wrote:

The wife of a co-worker of my husband wanted to drop 30 pounds before their son's wedding this summer.  They are planning her funeral now.  The ER providers think her blood sugars may have gone too low.  

Obviously you are trying to make a point but no one believes this silly story. 

I sure hope posters here ignore your posts. You are uninformed and misinformed on so many medical things yet you pontificate as if you are a doctor. You have so many medical issues related to your history of exogenous obesity. You are the last person who should be giving advice, especially when it is wrong.