Honored Contributor

I have have a procedure on my back and will be in the hospital for 23 hours after my surgery.

The last two times I was in the hospital I went in thought the ER.

Need suggestions on what to take for my comfort.  Thanks much

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

My mind is blank at the moment, but just want to send well wishes to you that you recover and heal quickly!

Honored Contributor

Re: Overnight Hospital Stay

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

My mind is blank at the moment, but just want to send well wishes to you that you recover and heal quickly!

If it's an overnight, I would just wear what they give you as far as hospital gown, just take easy pull on clothes or I'm sure someone will give you suggestions (button front shirt, etc).

They'll even supply a disposable toothbrush and other grooming necessities and they will charge you for them, so for one 24 hr period I would just use what they give you.

Probably a little makeup case and your own comb for your release, but I don't even know if I'd care about that, I'd just wear sunglasses.

Valued Contributor

@I am still oxox be sure to take your phone and charger.  wishing you a good outcome.

Valued Contributor

Good thoughts and prayers coming your way.  Phone and if you have one iPad with chargers.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox 

BEST Advice from:

@mizre wrote:

@I am still oxox be sure to take your phone and charger.  wishing you a good outcome.

That should be all you need.... unless an ipad or you want a special snack.

You will be resting and they should have a tv. 

Travel light

Prayers 

Respected Contributor

Re: Overnight Hospital Stay

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox   Hope your procedure goes smoothly. 

I definitely would bring my phone and charger and since the air conditioning will be going full blast at least a cardigan sweater. 

I'd also bring a paperback book in case I couldn't sleep since most hospital cable selection is lousy. I also prefer my own comb.

I would pack a llittle bag of other things and have it ready at home for someone to bring to you in case they decide to keep you longer for any reason.

Good luck with your hospital stay.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Esteemed Contributor

Phone, charger, earbuds since you probably won't be sleeping since they wake you every couple of hours. Maybe a snack.

Respected Contributor

Will say a prayer for a good outcome!

Whenever I go into the hospital, even for a day procedure, I am sure to bring a picture of those I love most - hub and fur daughter. It calms me and brings me comfort. I also bring a book of poetry or inspirational quotes.

Again, best of luck...

Esteemed Contributor

For such a short stay, I would charge up my phone to take, pack my ebook and make sure I had something easy to put on for leaving.

Hope all goes well and they let you out early 💝