Honored Contributor

Re: Over the Counter Orthotics

@Still Raining , yeah I might take the drive down to Fleet Feet which is where he sent me to get the Montrails in the first place.  It's kinda inconvenient, but they do specialize in that kind of thing.  I doubt I can get exact replacements for what I have.  We used one of those foot forms, but he actually held my arch up when I put my foot in, so they have quite a high arch to them.  It's not that I have high arches, but that they fall when I put weight on my foot.  Also, it appears the doctor I used is no longer with the practice and I don't know where he is now.  

Honored Contributor

My DH has been using Spenco for many years, very happy with them, we get them for a good price on ebay. 

Valued Contributor

Vionics are for people that walk or run with most of the weight on the inside edge of the feet. I happen to supinate which means the opposite. I tend to put my weight on the outside of my feet. There are tons of other reasons for orthotics/.

Honored Contributor

We have The Good Feet Store here. You go in and they find the one that's right for you.  They offer over 300 orthotic styles to choose from. 

Valued Contributor

******'s Sporting Goods carries a wide variety of orthotics spanning from simple insoles to molded footbeds for different sorts of foot problems. I've heard that it's a good place to shop for them and check out what's available. They offer tips and a video on their web site for selecting inserts. 

Valued Contributor

I see that the name of the sporting goods store was censored. Rhymes with "Stick" and begins with the same letter as "Donut." Man LOL

Honored Contributor

@AuntMame wrote:

******'s Sporting Goods carries a wide variety of orthotics spanning from simple insoles to molded footbeds for different sorts of foot problems. I've heard that it's a good place to shop for them and check out what's available. They offer tips and a video on their web site for selecting inserts. 

D i c k's  Sporting Goods...LOL!  Put spaces between those letters.Smiley Wink @AuntMame 

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@AuntMame wrote:

D i c k's  Sporting Goods...LOL!  Put spaces between those letters.Smiley Wink @AuntMame 

Thanks, SilleeMee!