Respected Contributor

I would have thought so, and wished for, and frankly tried for the same thing too! Unfortunately, a med I'm on that I must keep taking is destroying my teeth! I brush, floss, use a special dental paste, but one by one mine are going! As I'm allergic to most metals, I probably wond have any permanent fixture placed!😞

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

Re: Over dentures!My brother has "pins" in his upper and lower gums and the dentures fit over them.

My brother has "pins" in his upper and lower gums and the dentures fit over them.  The hold the denture in place.  He never complained about them ... so I'm assuming they've been okay.    I don't know what it cost him.

Honored Contributor

Re: Over dentures!

[ Edited ]

I think maybe the OP is talking about something they advertise on TV and I don't think they are attached to an implant. they appear on tv to just fit over missing and broken teeth and can be easily slipped on & off.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I think maybe the OP is talking about something they advertise on TV and I don't think they are attached to an implant. they appear on tv to just fit over missing and broken teeth and can be easily slipped on & off.

I've seen ads for those - $15! They'd be about as good (and comfortable) as Halloween teeth.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

ITA I think they would be useless too - I was just making the point that I think that is what she is referring to. Personally, I'd get full dentures. They are about $1000 a set and would solve the person's problem.

Respected Contributor

@Stila wrote:

Does anyone have these? Likes,dislikes. Need help deciding. Thank you in advance.

Wonderful idea!!!! I do not know how much they charge you , but if you can do it, go for it!!! I am a dental professional and love to see people loving these . 

Great, great invention! Asa long as you are in good hands.