Honored Contributor

Re: Our patient portal is so difficult to use!

@Mary Bailey wrote:

My Walgreens emailed my Dr  when I got my flu shot. 

Well, that would require for me to tell walgreens my doctor's e mail addy and I certainly don't know it.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know his email addy either, but when I gave his name they were able to do it.

Respected Contributor

The portal is only as good as the people running it.  My portal is great and even has a backup phone number with very pleasant help people.  A portal can be great if they pay for the right people to run it.

Honored Contributor

@151949

Just because my MD's medical group  created a patient portal doesn't mean all that much to me ...... First,  it really doesn't do anything to improve the quality of my life, AND secondly,  all it is, IMO, is something to be hacked!   No thanks.

Honored Contributor

My husband's Dr's office uses a patient portal and it's painstakingly slow.  It takes me less time to place a call to my own physicians office (that doesn't use a portal) and talk to a live person.  

Got my flu shot at CVS yesterday...quick and easy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

My Walgreens emailed my Dr  when I got my flu shot. 

Well, that would require for me to tell walgreens my doctor's e mail addy and I certainly don't know it.

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Every scrip my doctors order are immediately sent in my presence by email to the pharmacy.

Wouldn't you expect them to know how to contact the doctors' offices since they are in constant communication?

Honored Contributor

That's sad since it's suppose to be there for you to access information.  My hospitals portal is great.  I use it often.  I wish it showed more info though.  Also all departments aren't required to use it, which makes no sense to me.  Radiation has its own portal, but they don't give patients access.

Respected Contributor

I think the idea (or mandate to comply) was to insure portability of records. So that If you were not at you pirmary doc but needed any or part of your medical records they would be accessable throught a "portal" Most of us receive wellness notices such as immunization alerts. It's the only way that I can get any message to my doc or nurse. 

Like or not that's what we are expected to do.