Honored Contributor

Our patient portal is so difficult to use!

I just wanted to get in and put my flu shot because if I don't the doctor's office will be calling for people to come in for flu shots. Unfortunately they have the sign in messed up - when you enter your e mail and then your password they flash a box that says you are using your PIN and you need to set a password - ok - I go to the screen to set a password and go through a few steps , birthday, phone # etc and here it lloops me back to the screen where I sign in and it starts all over. They have it in a loop. Call the doctor's office to tell them it doesn't work and with attitude she informs me they know it isn't working. Hey, don't get mad at me - I think the entire thing is stupid in the first place. Even when it does open it is very difficult to navigate around. If they are going to have this it should at least be simple to use. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Our patient portal is so difficult to use!

@151949  Wow, this process sounds like quite the hassle.  You really don't need a Dr's okay to get one unless perhaps something out of the ordinary with your health.  I really don't know.

I just go to my local CVS and one of the pharmacist's on duty gives it to me.  Quick, easy, and covered on insurance.

You can just walk in there or walgreen's, probably walmart, kroger's to name a few.

Honored Contributor

I got the shot today at Walgreens - but if it isn't entered into the portal they will be calling and bugging me to come to the office to get a flu shot.

Honored Contributor

I'm so glad mine is easy.  When they first started the portal I thought I wouldn't use it, but I do. 

Np reason for the staff to be uppity about the problem though - at least nothing beyond being overworked.  I'm constantly amazed at how many people are employed in the practice I use and they all seem to have a waiting line every time I need to see one of them. 

Honored Contributor

@151949  Ah, got it.  I can email my dr and his office to let them know I got mine so they'll note it in my record.  This works really well.

Honored Contributor

They are out of line by calling and harassing you.    

It's nice that they remind their patients but one reminder is all you need.   Period

There's not a senior in this country who doesn't know they need a flu shot & when to get it.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I just wanted to get in and put my flu shot because if I don't the doctor's office will be calling for people to come in for flu shots. Unfortunately they have the sign in messed up - when you enter your e mail and then your password they flash a box that says you are using your PIN and you need to set a password - ok - I go to the screen to set a password and go through a few steps , birthday, phone # etc and here it lloops me back to the screen where I sign in and it starts all over. They have it in a loop. Call the doctor's office to tell them it doesn't work and with attitude she informs me they know it isn't working. Hey, don't get mad at me - I think the entire thing is stupid in the first place. Even when it does open it is very difficult to navigate around. If they are going to have this it should at least be simple to use. 

I signed up for one Dr. portal,

it's not worth it, either to only thing I wanted it for was to check the time of my yearly appt, and that doesn't work.

The office knows it, but I don't think there is much they can do, or if it is a priority.

Not doing anymore with usernames + passwords either

Honored Contributor

They should make your portal easier to use.... mine is pretty easy but 9 x out 10 times the doctor or nurse doesn't reply to messages, etc.

We just go to WalGreens and they have all our Medicare info.... get the shots we need, don't pay and they send it in to Medicare.  Easy Peasy...    Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

My complaint is that my dr's portal does not include ALL my records. The entries are abridged!

There are reports from other doctors and lab results that are not accessible. One of my docs was going over a particular test and I said could I get a copy of that for my PCP. The copy had the heading "Not included in patient portal"

I recently had to sign agreement that my doc could release records to the portal and that the doc was not responsible if there was any security breach of the data. If you opt out there are no hard copies of tests/labs available without lots of hoops to jump through.

Esteemed Contributor

My Walgreens emailed my Dr  when I got my flu shot.