Honored Contributor

I have to agree here, supplements alone will not work. 

Honored Contributor

So many on here post about all the supplements they take,  including items ,for skin,  find some replies on my question, rather odd,especially sense they take supplements.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

So many on here post about all the supplements they take,  including items ,for skin,  find some replies on my question, rather odd,especially sense they take supplements.

@goldensrbest 

I can't speak to the so many on here reference you made, but I will speak for myself.

When I mentioned the supplements I use(take), I also listed the why I take them. If that seems odd to you, ask ME specific questions, and I would be more than happy to give you more specificity, in my reply.

Instead of posting "So many on here", post the nic of the "so many". That way, maybe like myself, they can address your "seems odd" statement in this post of yours.

You asked members here to respond about a specific type of supplement. Now it appears to me, you question them about supplements they may take, other than the specific one you asked the question? 

To me, that is what seems odd!

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I take Vit B12, D, and at times Magnesium, on the advice of my Dr because of lab work showing I have a deficiency.   Outside of Aleve, I take nothing else over the counter, and am not tempted by supplement claims for bones, brains, or anything else.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest   I take zinc because my doctor found a zinc deficiency 15 years ago.  It's in the normal range now, so I continue to take it.  I take an Omega-3 supplement and Red Krill Oil on the advice of my optometrist because of my dry eyes.  I also take multi-vitamins and calcium on the recommendation of my doctor.  

I have pretty bad osteoarthritis diagnosed by my orthopedist from x-rays.  I have it in my back, knees and neck.  I have tried various supplements including glucosamine-chondroitin and turmeric.  None of the supplements I've tried helped.

I take Mobic, which is a prescription NSAID.  I have also had cortisone injections in my knees and have had radiofrequency ablation in my back.  Both gave me some relief but didn't last long enough to continue.  I have also done physical therapy.

I would strongly recommend making an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon.  He/she will take x-rays and give you their recommendation.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Mobic ,aka Meloxicam is a good RX to try, you can take it long term. Very potent NSAID, one a day.