Honored Contributor

I  have it in one knee, tried a few supplements, but looking at info . on pycnogenol, and undenatured type 2 collogen, if you have tried either ,please let me know ,if they helped.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest 

I think these supplements are a total waste of money and a chemical burden on your kidneys and liver to break down and flush from your body.   

I was in my early 40's when diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my knee; joint supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin did not work at all.  I relied on low level prescription NSAIDS for relief.  

Respected Contributor

I have osteoarthritis in several parts of my body including knees.  I've had one knee replaced with the other scheduled for June.  I never found any supplement that did a thing to help.

I excercise and do weights to build the muscle that support my joints.  Some people seem to get relief from supplements but I'm not one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with the others. I have osteoarthritis in my lower back, and supplements never did a thing for me. No matter how long I've taken them, no matter which ones they were, there was no relief from any of them. Maybe they work for some, but not for me, 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest What does your PCP or rheumatologist recommend? 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest    You need to bite the bullet and see an orthopedist. They will x-ray your knee and determine the extent if damage and possible treatment, which could include many things.

You can waste a lot of time and money on "cures" for knee discomfort while it continues to worsen.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I agree that a physician can recommend your best care.  Too many people have relied on drugstore pain relievers - and ruined their livers in the process.  

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest Both of my knees have mild arthritis. My PCP and my oncologist have both recommended only doses of tylenol and I take the amounts I'm allowed to. It helps me a lot as does using my excercise bike.

People can do more harm than good by self-dosing with stuff rather than getting medical advice.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

Yes, liver failure and liver transplants are becoming so much more prominent.   I know 3 people in early to mid stage liver failure right now; #4 died in February.   

No one stops to think about the stress we put on our liver and kidneys to filter and break down the medications and supplements we are often so quick to swallow.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@goldensrbest    You need to bite the bullet and see an orthopedist. They will x-ray your knee and determine the extent if damage and possible treatment, which could include many things.

You can waste a lot of time and money on "cures" for knee discomfort while it continues to worsen.

@Kachina624  so glad to see this topic. I took my aunt to see her Doctor because her knews were swollen and looked out of shape. He did and exray and said she has Osteoarthritis in both knees. She does not have any pain whatsoever in her knees.

He said that she could see a physical therapist and see it the swelling would go down. So far she hasn't dome it yet because there is no pain. She just does not like how it looks.