Frequent Contributor

Ortho surgeon self quarentined

Just got a call saying no appt. This week due to my doctors vaca last week. His trip out of the country won him two more weeks of vacation, and me not knowing how badly I injured my left knee when I fell on it last week, and no the Emergency room is not an option! But all is not lost i do have another appointment the first week of next month unless of course that changes!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ortho surgeon self quarentined

@share wrote:

Just got a call saying no appt. This week due to my doctors vaca last week. His trip out of the country won him two more weeks of vacation, and me not knowing how badly I injured my left knee when I fell on it last week, and no the Emergency room is not an option! But all is not lost i do have another appointment the first week of next month unless of course that changes!

@share  Is there someone else you could see sooner? 

Honored Contributor

@share   Don't feel badly.  I had minor surgery, a skin graft after a cancer removal, scheduled for tomorrow.  The Ding Bat cute, young thing doctor called this morning to tell me she just returned from a vacation in Brazil and is quarantined for 14 days so had to cancel over 100 appointments.  She did say I could wait or be referred to another doctor.  I took the referral.  These doctors had to have known this was a possibility when they flew off.  Irresponsible.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

I am waiting to hear my options from his medical asst. No doubt she is beyond busy! 

Frequent Contributor

Good luck with your follow up Kachina!

Trusted Contributor

Good luck to both of you, @share, @Kachina624!!