Honored Contributor

Re: Oral thrush times three months

@Nightowlz 

Thank you.  Once I found how much it helped me I bought another bottle 

and signed up for regular delivery.  We’ll see if comes through!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@Nightowlz 

Thank you.  Once I found how much it helped me I bought another bottle 

and signed up for regular delivery.  We’ll see if comes through!

@Drythe 

I ordered 4 - 24 ct bags organic elderberry zinc lozenges a few weeks back. 

I'm wondering if I will get my auto delivery black elderberry capsules?

Since I don't know I ordered a couple bottles of the syrup plus some organic elderberries to make my own.

Hope you get your order.

Trusted Contributor

Last summer my husband took a terrible fall down our stairs and damaged a salivary gland. He developed thrush and still has a very dry mouth even now.
Respected Contributor

@MKR14   As another person who has recently had my own dental issues, I purchased a book by Nadine Artemis 'Holistic Dental Care' - The Complete Guide to Healthy Teeth and Gums.  It is an easy to read paperback that is quite informative as to the goings on in our mouths.

Have you checked the pH of your saliva w/test paper?  Your saliva should be approx. a 7 which is alkaline.  You've been taking a lot of anti-fungals - the Nystatin and the fluconazole and my guess is that your out of balance.  Fluconazole is heavy duty stuff and to be taking 1 a day is a lot.  But you gotta do what you think is right.

Have you tried oil pulling with coconut oil?  Have you tried salt water rinses?  Do you have a tongue scraper?  I swear by dental products from Uncle Harry's (check out the website).  Nadine Artemis also has Living Libations which I hear are excellent as well for oral health.  These are natural products, not prescription.

I've had my immune system severely messed up and understand your frustration.  I have learned after all these years to take my health into my own hands and not rely on doctors that can only prescribe chemicals to further throw my body out of balance - but that's just me.

I orderd her book on Amazon.  If your having mouth problems its worth a read and then you can decide with your doctor how you would like to proceed.  I wish you the very best of luck and hope you find the answer to whats causing this issue.  Mouth problems are no fun. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Genetin Violet (sp) is available  from Amazon.

It is great for so many things.........

I first used it on my infant daughters thrush many,many years ago on Drs advice  and have used it ever since for lots of things

Occasional Contributor

Hi there, I was getting the same thing for several months but I didnt know what it was till I went to my dr. It was from using my inhaler and not brushing my teeth/tounge afterwards. Funny though, I had used my inhaler for a few years but just developed the thrush. 

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

Are you using inhalers for COPD? Some are known to cause this. I hope you figure it out and get well soon. ❤️

My niece keeps getting it from the COPD inhalers.

Occasional Contributor

I used my inhaler for "reactive Lung" sometimes I can smell someones chimney or bar b que or even in the nail salon and those smells can really limit my breathing ability. Never know when it can happen.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if neem toothpaste and mouthwash could help.I use them to help control gum disease.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Drythe . My husband found the Airborne Elderberry and Zinc Gummies. There is 60 in the bottle $12.97 at Walmart. They are delicious. I just took the first 2. Hope they work.

They are hard to find. My husband found them at Walgreen's and they were double the price.

I am on quite a few medications so I will use them one day and my other multivitamins the next.

Thanks to all for the suggestions to help. I will post back if anything helps me.

Have a good day.