Respected Contributor

Re: One year now eating one meal every 48 hours

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Roscoe the Rascal  Yes! I do think  age plays a huge part....now at age 66, my metabolism is different than say 10 years ago... my weight also went to my middle!!

It is important to listen to your body and go with the flow. Best to you on your path...congratulations on losing  7.5 pounds! 

We are the same age.  Menopause has its plus and minus for sure.  

Respected Contributor

good for you, on the weight loss. your diet sounds like something you are comfortable with.

almond milk and herbs wouldn't be "living" for me. i would rather find some low cal foods and eat that. I think portions play a big part in being over weight, too. I'm in my 70's and need to lose a few pounds and i think walking regularly helps, too.

we all have to find our own way, when it comes to weight loss and living life.

Honored Contributor

I have tried two different collagen powders, for skin,and joints, neither mixed in well with hot beverages.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  I admire your discipline!  You found what works for you and stuck to it.  You feel good and look good.  Congratulations.  I needed some inspiration and you gave it to me.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2  Isn't it judgemental of you to conclude the OP "had such a low opinion of herself". She never said that. She feels healthy at a certain weight she said. Congratulations on your 70 lb. weigh loss.  I would never say you had a low opinion of yourself....just the opposite.  When we care about ourselves and our health we try to keep the weight off.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@LuvSoCal      I usually start with a cup of greek Yogert... lots of food supplements added* ( powdered greens, reds, powdered vitamins, about 20 different super foods...) 

Then I have either a mixed green salad Or steamed mixed vegetables... and a portion of salmon or chicken breast skinless...  maybe a hard boiled egg...

I add   wholegrain crackers, or high fiber whole grain bread or brown rice... I change up what I eat each meal... it is never the same... but I always get lots of healthy protien and vegetables... and supplemental super foods and healthy fats.

Sometimes I have humus and avocado  and multigrain chips it really does not matter as I like most healthy foods.   

Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@SeaMaiden  I admire your discipline!  You found what works for you and stuck to it.  You feel good and look good.  Congratulations.  I needed some inspiration and you gave it to me.

@MoJoV   Thankyou!  I knew there would be those who would not think this was a good idea... but, I think whatever works for the person and keeps them well is what matters.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Congrats on your success!  I don't know how you do it --- only eating one meal every 2 days???  Don't you get hungry??  What about when there is an occasion with family and/or friends -- do you just say --- no -- I'm not eating right now?  I certainly admire your willpower but I don't think I could ever do that.  Plus, I take various medications and I have to eat something with them or I will get sick.  I have been trying to lose some weight since the beginning of the year.  It's very difficult.  As you have written, I have similar situation, as my weight gain has occurred after retiring and covid.  I have lost about 6 pounds and want to lose 10 more but I don't know if I will get there.  I am getting very discouraged.  It's like pulling teeth!  You are very strong and dedicated in your efforts and I give you a lot of credit!!  

@AngelPuppy1   

Thank you for your input. I Appreciate that you did not tear me apart. Woman LOL

I guess it is easy for me to stick to a diet plan outside of the usual three meals a day because It is just myself and DH.. we each eat what we like... no parties or family get togethers... so I do not feel like an outsider.   I am drinking warm almond milk and taking powdered mushrooms, supplements and such with my almond milk so I am not going Hungry per say... it is just a limited calorie amount which allowed me to stay healthy but cut back my calories enough to lose weight slowly over a years time. I was able to control my portions and get my appetite back in control over this past year. 

I can understand if you have a family situation where you life revolves around food it would not work for many...for me it has allowed me to get to where I  feel good... not in a starving or over short period of time..( it took one year) so I feel good about keeping my weight where it is and not gaining and losing back and forth. Over time I may tweak the food plan and see what else I can come up with...but for now this is OK and I feel good.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have tried two different collagen powders, for skin,and joints, neither mixed in well with hot beverages.

@goldensrbest     I add it to my warm almond milk after it is hot... use a wire wisk... it always blends.

Honored Contributor

Am I misreading this?  The OP eats 1 meal every 2 days?