Honored Contributor

Re: Starvation diet, sounds terribly unhealthy and like you have an eating disorder....

Getting a bit TOO SERIOUS here ladies.....so let's close this thread and put it to bed....and have a chuckle while we do.  Good nite everyone ....this thread is DONE😄052974BC-3A86-4B20-B251-6DCC5292F695.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Re: Starvation diet, sounds terribly unhealthy and like you have an eating disorder....

The price of the supplements must add up though, @SeaMaiden.

i bet your weight would remain stable if you ate once a day, too.  

Honored Contributor

Re: One year now eating one meal every 48 hours

@SeaMaiden 

I would never criticize you for your success and your eating plan!  This works for you and you are happy with it.  I understand more about how you are doing it now that you have explained it more.  My main problem is -- I have a gigantic sweet tooth!  If I could have this removed, I'd have it made!  LOL!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know why you would brag that you lost weight by starving yourself. I don't think you realize what you are doing to your body. I would be one that would not say good job but what the world are you thinking? Did your doctor think this was a good idea? You need to get your head on straight and take care of yourself.

The proper way to loose weight is portion control(not eating one meal every 48 hours) and exercise. The normal weight loss should be 1 to 2 pounds a week. I don't know your age but once you destroy your metabolism there is no way to reverse it. Take care of yourself not destroy yourself.

Honored Contributor

I don't see any bragging here. She told her story. I don't see how anyone can attribute that to bragging. I guess it's best no one start a post or they will be seen as bragging. Almost impossible to have a conversation here these days.

Esteemed Contributor

I have talked about my weight control and activity levels for years, more often on the Wellness  Forum. Have gotten many more questions after I returned to ice skating, when I was 78, after not skating for 14 years. Simply put? It is not like remembering how to ride a bicycle , as many seem to think.

Many have asked me "how did you lose weight/how did/do you maintain your weight/what do you eat, and when?  My answer is pretty general, I do not eat meals,. I call it grazing. Then I am asked, what foods do you eat, and how much?

Over the last close to 5 years, since I returned to skating, I have answered the same way. That is with saying I would not recommend how and what I eat to anyone. I know what has worked for me and I know it has not effected my health. I get blood drawn much more often than the average person, for a couple different health reasons.

My concern for not disclosing this is because I do not want anyone to replicate what works for me. That is both for my internal physical health, and to maintain my high level of physical fitness. 

Because it works for me, and I do keep a close eye on my overall health, to make sure there are no major dangerous changes? It just might cause harm to anyone, for whatever reason, who wanted to follow my path. 

I have not disclosed this and I have no intention of doing so. This I will say. For me, my primary reason is based, not on how much or what I eat, or calorie Input. It is based primarily on Output, how much I burn. 

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

I disagree. Congratulations on your 70lb weight loss but you are being pretty rude to disparage someone else for their weight loss, because you do not believe that they were heavy enough to begin with. You are not aware of her height, if she is petite then she is clinically obese at 150.

Just be happy that someone is being successful at something that they have worked hard on and lost unwanted weight.

I came back to add that I missed where the OP stated that she was  5'8". Oh well, it's her body, so if she wants to be a certain size it's her decision. 

@icezeus 

Thank you for the kind, well reasoned response.

I want to add that height alone is not the only measure.  I am 5’7”, with

long thin bones, not fragile, just long and thin.  At 140 - 150  I would be overweight even though I’m well toned, not bulked, just toned.  I’m most comfortable around 125 -130, no matter the dress size, never had an eating disorder.

The total picture should take in height, frame, how the person feels, and what routine health screening shows.

You are obviously well informed, wellness is a journey.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am sure there are plenty of us here that would kill to be a size 8/10, myself included!!!

....try something new and see if you get the results you want.Weightliss is a slow process and discouraging at times so you have to have patience with yourself.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am sure there are plenty of us here that would kill to be a size 8/10, myself included!!!

....try something new and see if you get the results you want.Weightliss is a slow process and discouraging at times so you have to have patience with yourself.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don't see any bragging here. She told her story. I don't see how anyone can attribute that to bragging. I guess it's best no one start a post or they will be seen as bragging. Almost impossible to have a conversation here these days.

It's too bad we can't all feel happy for her.There is so much to despair about that any happy news is wonderful.