Honored Contributor

Re: One year now eating one meal every 48 hours

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have tried two different collagen powders, for skin,and joints, neither mixed in well with hot beverages.

@goldensrbest     I add it to my warm almond milk after it is hot... use a wire wisk... it always blends.

What brand do you use?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Am I misreading this?  The OP eats 1 meal every 2 days?

@Lipstickdiva  No. Read the WHOLE THREAD. I explain what I eat and supplement with.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have tried two different collagen powders, for skin,and joints, neither mixed in well with hot beverages.

@goldensrbest     I add it to my warm almond milk after it is hot... use a wire wisk... it always blends.

What brand do you use?

@goldensrbest  The brand Ian using presently is by FURTHER FOOD

Respected Contributor

One meal every 48 hours is starving yourself. Just crazy.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

That's beyond wonderful!!!  I want to read your book.

I totally agree, we just need to eat less.  I think I got on the band wagon of larger amounts and now realize, we aren't needing or meant to eat so much food.  I too am losing, (with NS help).  But I'm re-learning, even at this stage of life, things like you have learned.  Slow and steady wins the race.  But I think that's definitely, the key!! Good for you!!!

When you say with NS help, do you mean Nutri-System???  I'm debating whether I want to try that plan.  

@kaydee50  yes yes yes.  The food is great too.  Only a couple of things I didn't like, and you just go into your account, and for the next month (I'm on one plan) I change it with a choice I prefer. Once upon a time, I tried it and the food is a whole lot better now.  Save me having to shop at the store. Hate to cook now, so I pop some of it in the Micro and nuke it.  Check out their plans.  I love it, and will do until I get to my personal goal I set for myself.  It's the only one I'd do now.  No more weigh in's or meetings.  I'm more in charge and control.  I give it a 10 recommendation.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal   Thank you for taking the time to respond to my question.  I am going to look more carefully at Nutri System.  I'm a life member at WW but IMO they have too many options.  I need more structure.  Will give NS a try.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Am I misreading this?  The OP eats 1 meal every 2 days?

@Lipstickdiva  No. Read the WHOLE THREAD. I explain what I eat and supplement with.

@SeaMaiden to be honest, I'm confused by all of this.  Your thread title says you eat one meal every 48 hours.  I've read the thread. It seems like you use a lot of supplements in place of eating foods and it's always better to get your vitamins and minerals from the source and not a supplement.

I specifically remember you posting on a thread about intermittent fasting that you have been eating that way long before it was a thing.  You said you eat a meal at 4:00 in the afternoon and you don't eat another meal until 4:00 the next day.  You said you drink tea and drink almond milk but no food other than that one meal.  

This stuck in my head because I was thinking I would be starving and it seemed incredibly unhealthy.  This was a few years ago. 

I'm not that invested to go look up past posts but something about this isn't adding up.  I know I've read several posts about your eating, or lack thereof, for far more than a year.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wish the OP good health and I'm the first to admit that I have weight to lose and am having a hard time convincing myself that just anytime now it would be great to start doing that, but.....

if I had to live a life where I ate a meal every 48 hours, which might include a hard boiled egg (gross) and where I drank warm almond milk and took collagen powder and had to take powdered mushrooms I don't think I'd get out of bed in the morning to face that.  The thought makes me just about sick. 

Way too many supplements and weird stuff for me.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, I find it a real shame that the OP had such a low opinion of herself only weighing in at a mere 150 lbs! That's NOT overweight! I recently lost 70 lbs. and feel that is a real accomplishment. Woman Happy

@ID2 

I disagree. Congratulations on your 70lb weight loss but you are being pretty rude to disparage someone else for their weight loss, because you do not believe that they were heavy enough to begin with. You are not aware of her height, if she is petite then she is clinically obese at 150.

Just be happy that someone is being successful at something that they have worked hard on and lost unwanted weight.

I came back to add that I missed where the OP stated that she was  5'8". Oh well, it's her body, so if she wants to be a certain size it's her decision. 

------I totally agree with @icezeus. Is @ID2 saying she deserves accolades because she let herself get fat and finally decided to do something about it? As someone who carries extra weight myself, I never wanted praise when someone noticed my weight loss. I always said thank you, but then said I'm far more impressed by those who ate healthy and always kept their weight in check. @SeaMaiden told us what she accomplished in the last year, so the focus should be that she dealt with the matter before it turned into a seventy pound disaster.

Trusted Contributor

Starvation diet, sounds terribly unhealthy and like you have an eating disorder....

Sorry but not only does that sound incredibly unhealthy but it's not something you should encourage others to do.  Also not a very fun way to live.

You shouldn't have to starve yourself to maintain a healthy body weight. If that's the only way you're able to maintain your weight then you are either at a weight that's too low for your physique or you don't have a healthy relationship with food and have no idea how to lose and maintain a healthy weight. I suggest you talk to a doctor or nutitionist because it sounds like you need some help.

Please don't take this the wrong way! I'm not trying to be mean, quite the opposite. I'm trying to help.

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals" -Immanuel Kant

"Once you have had a wonderful Dog, a life without one, is a life diminished"-Dean Koontz