Honored Contributor

Re: One year now eating one meal every 48 hours

Wow, I find it a real shame that the OP had such a low opinion of herself only weighing in at a mere 150 lbs! That's NOT overweight! I recently lost 70 lbs. and feel that is a real accomplishment. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I'm glad it has helped you feel better and stay healthy.  I wonder if you would mind saying what brand of colostrum powder you use?

Do you mix it with the almond milk?

I was always a very disciplined and healthy eater, but can fall into a pattern of emotional eating.  I need to get back on track.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

If you eat a clean food plan you can have alot of food and not gain and you will lose weight. I could never go that long without food but if that works ok for you thats good!Woman Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations on getting back to pleasing weight.  Makes it more fun to work out too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

Wow, I find it a real shame that the OP had such a low opinion of herself only weighing in at a mere 150 lbs! That's NOT overweight! I recently lost 70 lbs. and feel that is a real accomplishment. Woman Happy

@ID2  Your losing  70 pounds is amazing. I am so happy for you! I have to tell you that my weighing in at 150 pounds for me was too much. For you it may have been fine... I was not happy and I felt bad. Everyone knows where they feel best. For me those 20 pounds were dragging me down.

I feel kind of like you came back at me pretty rough..Woman Sad. For me  to lose20 pounds was a real accomplishment  as losing 70 pounds  was for you....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good for you, @SeaMaiden !  That's an amazing fasting schedule!  I'm still working on getting to OMAD consistently.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman    I buy the almond Breeze  unsweetened vanilla and chocolate.  But any brand that is unsweetened will do. Costco now sells it in their Kirkland brand in the vanilla unsweetened and the price is really good by the case...

I heat it up... add decafe coffee instant to it.  Add  my stevia for sweetening... and   I whip in a heaping teaspoon  of the collagen peptides powder into the hot almond milk and stevia.  It blends right in with no taste or lumps. The brand I am currently using is:

Further Food Collagen Peptides.  I bought it on vitacost.com.  But,  have used other brands that also mixed in just fine. I really do not think it matters too much what brand you buy.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

That's beyond wonderful!!!  I want to read your book.

I totally agree, we just need to eat less.  I think I got on the band wagon of larger amounts and now realize, we aren't needing or meant to eat so much food.  I too am losing, (with NS help).  But I'm re-learning, even at this stage of life, things like you have learned.  Slow and steady wins the race.  But I think that's definitely, the key!! Good for you!!!

When you say with NS help, do you mean Nutri-System???  I'm debating whether I want to try that plan.  

Honored Contributor

I know what colostrum is, but what are the benefits of a adult taking it,that you have noticed?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ID2 wrote:

@ID2 

I disagree. Congratulations on your 70lb weight loss but you are being pretty rude to disparage someone else for their weight loss, because you do not believe that they were heavy enough to begin with. You are not aware of her height, if she is petite then she is clinically obese at 150.

Just be happy that someone is being successful at something that they have worked hard on and lost unwanted weight.

I came back to add that I missed where the OP stated that she was  5'8". Oh well, it's her body, so if she wants to be a certain size it's her decision.