Honored Contributor

One year now eating one meal every 48 hours

[ Edited ]

A year ago in May 2021  I weighed about 150 pounds.  I did not like the way I looked or how I felt.  I had gone from a comfortable size 4/6 to a size 8/10. Hated to get dressed...had a closet full of clothes I could not wear.. I put this extra weight on over a period of  9 years since  my retirement from work. I think just having more time to sit...and less active time...not  as active as I was in my retail job.... contributed to my putting on the 20 pounds gradually.  My diet did not change...I always eat healthy.

Today  I weighed in at 130 pounds. My clothes fit again... I enjoy getting dressed to go out....not having to hide my middle. Just 20 pounds down, ..but a huge difference in body fat and how my body looks. Just cutting back on eating meals....fasting more.  I do drink unsweetened almond milk  warmed up and take herbs  and supplements and powdered collagen   through the time period I am refraining from eating solid food. Not really a TOTAL FAST....but mostly a reduction in calories taken in.   

I feel good. Energy is good...health is good...blood work came back excellent. 

For now I will continue on this program. My weight has plateaued   and I am  staying steady  at a good weight of 130 pounds at 5' 8" tall. 

Respected Contributor

Re: One year now eating one meal every 48 hours

Good for you on the weight loss.

I recently decided I needed to change up my diet and when I put on weight it always goes to my mid section .

I am not a heavy person and never have been but a few lbs makes a big difference in a persons clothes. Had my yearly check up and had gained a few and decided that's it.  Time to get it together again.  

So changed my eating habits and what I am eating and exercising more.  I walk daily but was not enough.    So far 7 1/2 lbs and want to do another 5.  I feel better and more like myself again.  The pandemic messed with my mind but I am back and handling things better too.  

Body sure changes as we age, so got to change what I do to make it work for me.

Best of luck on your wellness journey.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Roscoe the Rascal  Yes! I do think  age plays a huge part....now at age 66, my metabolism is different than say 10 years ago... my weight also went to my middle!!

It is important to listen to your body and go with the flow. Best to you on your path...congratulations on losing  7.5 pounds! 

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to you.  Weight loss is not an easy task.  Glad you feel better.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Well,.that is one way of cutting back on groceries.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I am sure there are plenty of us here that would kill to be a size 8/10, myself included!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

Well,.that is one way of cutting back on groceries.

@goldensrbest  Seriously YES! Another savings doing this...plus, the amount of food I eat is less..I get full faster🙂

Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the weight loss.  You sound diligent and when you see results that makes t worth while.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I am sure there are plenty of us here that would kill to be a size 8/10, myself included!!!

@Shelbelle  I can relate!

When I was in my 20's....I let myself get obese...I was wearing a size 18/. 20 pant....I hated my body! I was young, partying, drinking.... smoking  eating bad....etc....not taking care of myself...young and going to live forever!

Once I got out of being on that train wreak course....I  grew up and got my life on track...my thirties and forties were learning about nutrition and getting healthy.   So I guess I can relate to those who are the unhealthy road and those on the road to health. If you get off course you pay the consequences.  But, you can always get back on track!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's beyond wonderful!!!  I want to read your book.

I totally agree, we just need to eat less.  I think I got on the band wagon of larger amounts and now realize, we aren't needing or meant to eat so much food.  I too am losing, (with NS help).  But I'm re-learning, even at this stage of life, things like you have learned.  Slow and steady wins the race.  But I think that's definitely, the key!! Good for you!!!