Trusted Contributor

Re: One week post breast cancer surgery ...

@shy bobcat

How are you feeling?😊
Trusted Contributor

@bobby5  What wonderful words of encouragement and i'm glad you are cancer free.

Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat 

I'm sorry I just saw this.  I admire your strength in walking this path.  I'm praying for your recovery.

Trusted Contributor

@hayseed00
Thank you. You're sweet.
I hope @shy bobcat is doing well.
Respected Contributor

My little sister had breast cancer also. She followed the Dr's orders and had surgery and chemo. She is alive and thriving. Her emotions were everywhere at times. Six years have gone by and she is cancer free.

Hang in there and ask for help when needed. You can do this ..one step at a time. I am sending you good vibes and prayers your way. We will have your back bobcat.
If in trouble, come here to vent. I will listen.Take care
Brisk out...and thinking of you...
Respected Contributor

Sending thoughts and prayers.  God bless.

Honored Contributor

Hi @shy bobcat 

I've been on a lot of health journeys , but never this one. I can relate to your comments about "certain days".  I suspect almost everyone goes through the same, or similar feelings.

My motto was, and is, 1 day at a time. My very best wishes for your recovery, and mostly experiencing those calm, relaxed days.

hckynut  🏒

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

God Bless you 🙏Hang in there the worst is over. I pray for quick healing and strength!
I almost cried reading your post. I lost my mother to the same thing. She never made it out of the hospital. 

Valued Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@shy bobcat

How are you feeling

@bobby5 

Thank you for asking.  I am doing well.  Tomorrow it will be 3 weeks post surgery. Where I live, we have had some bad weather so I have not yet had my follow-up appointment with the surgeon. My appointment will be rescheduled when this snow and ice storm has passed.  I'm glad to be healing and although treatment and procedures are important, I'm glad to have had some extra time to heal both physically and mentally.  Being poked and prodded is exhausting.  I had a difficult time before the surgery as there were procedures that needed to be done and, my boob wasn't cooperating ... hmm?  Tears ran down my face as I quietly tolerated the pain/abuse.  After I'm cleared by the surgeon an appointment will be made to see oncology.  I feel hesitant and anxious about the next step which will be to follow the treatment plan the oncologist suggests.

I'm sensitive but strong.  I hope my answer to your question wasn't too much information.  Blessings to you.

Trusted Contributor

@shy bobcat

I'm glad you're doing well & that you've had extra time to heal. It's a journey & you'll get there one step at a time. I love your statement, "I'm sensitive but strong." Wow, I can really relate to that. Blessings to you as well.❤

By the way, your answer wasn't too much information at all. I think it really helps to share stories.😊