Valued Contributor

One week post breast cancer surgery ...

I didn't expect that I would be on this journey but, you never know what's around the corner.  One day I feel calm and the next day I may be horribly worried and scared.

Many have gone down this path but, it is a new journey for me.  Some days, I have to remind myself to, " put on my big girl panties" and breathe. 

Honored Contributor

Re: One week post breast cancer surgery ...

@shy bobcat Hope everything has gone well with you and wishing you the best!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shy bobcat - Wishing you the best in your recovery, and praying that this is the beginning of a wonderful, cancer-free existence for the remainder of your life.  

Big girl panties are so very important in all of our lives.  We all need to keep them handy.  We also need a good pair of cojones, and some rose-tinted glasses for other occasions.

Be well. 

Respected Contributor

Wishing you a speedy recovery,  good health and strength and serenity.

Respected Contributor

@shy bobcat I'm so sorry to hear this is a journey you're having to take. Your emotions are justifiably all over the place.

Keep reminding yourself to take the path of calmness as much as you can. We all know that stress negatively impacts healing. 

I'm sending healing vibes your way, and hope you'll keep us updated, or if you just need to chat, there's always someone here.

Respected Contributor

You have many sisters with you on this journey. Just put one foot in front of the other and accept that your  changing emotions are normal. You will get through this. Sending you support and compassion on this path.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@shy bobcat 

I highly recommend the website breastcancer.org for information and for forums to connect with others on the same journey.  It's really the best.  Sending strength and positive vibes to you - you WILL get through this!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat 

Stay strong, it's the only choice you have.....you can do this!Heart

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@shy bobcat  I am also a breast cancer survivor and am coming up on 6 years cancer free. (Thank God)   The thought never crossed my mind either but it just goes to show that curve ball comes out of nowhere.  I was fortunate to have a great support system which IMO is half the battle.  I pray you have the same.  

That's cute about big girl panties, but you can also be emotional if you need to be.

What I found was once you accept it and get into the mindset of the situation, you can grab that darn bull by the horns and get on with the healing.   

I wish you a speedy recovery and return to good health Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal 

Right on GF, great encouragement!Heart

Congrats on beating it and I wish you continued good health!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.