Valued Contributor

Re: Olive 'bars' near salad 'bars'...?

LOVE the olive bar!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Valued Contributor

I occasionally shop at a Fresh Market that has an olive bar. The last time they had stuffed grape leaves on it. Gave me a chance to try them.

Honored Contributor

I shop the olive bar!

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 spud188 said: I have never seen a Salad Bar in a grocery store.How do they sell..by the weight or are they already made up??

</ Huh? I've never seen a grocery store that didn't have a salad bar. They have wide assortment of salad ingredients plus, boiled eggs, cheeses, frruit, croutons. Everything is cut up and salad ready. There are containers and lids, you take what you want. You are charged by the weight.

Respected Contributor

Many years ago I would see salad bars in grocery stores. I always bought stuff from the salad bar.

Now, I see olive bars and I have NEVER seen anyone even looking at the olive bar.

It seems to me a salad bar would be so much better than an olive bar. A lot of people don't eat olives, but there's a variety of items on a salad bar.

Respected Contributor

On 1/16/2015 chrystaltree said:
On 1/16/2015 spud188 said: I have never seen a Salad Bar in a grocery store.How do they sell..by the weight or are they already made up??

</ Huh? I've never seen a grocery store that didn't have a salad bar. They have wide assortment of salad ingredients plus, boiled eggs, cheeses, frruit, croutons. Everything is cut up and salad ready. There are containers and lids, you take what you want. You are charged by the weight.

My usual grocery store has neither an olive bar nor a salad bar, though some other stores in the area do. Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Smile

Honored Contributor

I buy olives from Wegmans olive bar all the time.

Olives are fruits, but they are low in sugar and high in good fats.

I love olives!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I buy olives from the olive bar, why wouldn't I? They taste better than canned olives and they have a better variety.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 jaxs mom said:

Yes, I buy olives from the olive bar, why wouldn't I? They taste better than canned olives and they have a better variety.

That's why I like the olive bar too. I love the olives stuffed with pickled garlic and have only seen them at the olive bar.

I like to get several varieties, drizzle with garlic olive oil and fresh herbs and warm them up.

They are good for you and taste fantastic!

Super Contributor

I like olives and almost every shopping trip buy a small container. It's $6.99 per pound.

Three local markets ... all have salad / fruit / hot food bars ... including olives.