Honored Contributor

Re: “Older people... are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.”

@chrystaltree wrote:

@QueenDanceALot 

Look out, someone's going to take this and start talking about milk! LOL  They are calling 60 "older" for this and makes me laugh.  Hubby and I hit the big 6-0 in the coming weeks but we have no intentions whatsoever of alterning how we live.  We have no respiratory issues and while we intend to do all the smart things to stay healthy; we are not going to avoid socializing and living our lives.  We aren't cruise people so that isn't an issue.  We decided not to travel outside the country for the foreseeable future.  That's by no means a sacrifice because there are so many wonderful places here in the USA that we haven't seen.  Restaurants, movies, church; we aren't giving any of that up.  Of course, it would be a different matter if we were in our mid 70's or had respiratory or cardiac issues.  My bff is 74 and while she is fit ad healthy, she has decided to avoid travel and crowds.  With the exception of local restaurants.  

@chrystaltree 

I'm not sure how milk got into a conversation about COVID19, but I avoid it for other reasons.  Dairy just doesn't sit well with me, but that doesn't mean it affects others the same way.  Either way, I don't see why it's a focus for avoiding this particular virus.

I'm not a cruise person either, so it's easy for me to avoid those.  And I have no plans on flying in the near future.  If I did, I think I'd most likely postpone it.  Being in close quarters with a lot of people, breathing the same recycled air, seems like not a great idea while both this virus and the seasonal flu are floating around.

Again, YMMV.

Honored Contributor

I am 69 ,and very careful when i go out ,but my mom is 85 almost, i keep telling her to stay in.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Dr Fauci thinks it’s wise for elderly people to avoid cruises right now.  I think it’s the prudent thing to do but others would take a chance.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot As someone who once caught an incredibly nasty virus from a sick person on a plane, I would not want to breathe that recycled air right now.  

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@QueenDanceALot As someone who once caught an incredibly nasty virus from a sick person on a plane, I would not want to breathe that recycled air right now.  

If on planes I read it is best to get  a window seat and tilt the air valve above AWAY from you or close it all together.   I personally have stopped air travel since the TSA restrictions got so ridiculous like removing ones shoes but I have family members who have a trip to Ireland booked in June and are planning to keep their plans for now.