Honored Contributor

Re: “Older people... are encouraged to stay at home as much as possible.”

Two younger couples that own homes on our street have contacted us (in our 60's) and the couple (in their 70's) living next door.  They offered to pick up our shopping orders and deliver them to our doorsteps.  We barely know one of these couples since they just moved into the nieghborhood in the last few months.  I told them that I appreciate their consideration and deem us fortunate to have such thoughtful neighbors.  I likely will be purchasing a couple gifts for these families come December.  

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm 64 and in good health. I don't plan on doing anything different especially staying at home. One size does not fit all.

I am 64 and also in good health and still have to go to work...and I work in health care...but we follow universal precautions every day so nothing different.  I will still shop, go to the gym, etc. Just wash wash wash your hands thoroughly and keep your hands away from your face. I carry hand sanitizer in my pants pocket and always have. But all this is my normal routine.  Yes, one size does not fit all...so true
Trusted Contributor

@Mindy D, yep, they are both well over sixty! I'm heading toward 60 (I'll be 59 in July), close enough I guess! Unfortunately my DH loves to go to the market (he goes in the morning and just picks up a few things). I call him "Mr. Market", LOL!!
Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter 

How very thoughtful and caring of your neighbors to offer to do that! They're keepers!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@deepwaterdotter, wow, sounds like you got pretty darn lucky in the "neighbor department"! It's really nice to hear how kind some people are! Usually we just hear about the negative things! Stay well and enjoy your thoughtful neighbors!😀
Respected Contributor

...what @ SilleeMee said.

What worries you masters you.
Valued Contributor

I have a question maybe someone in the health profession can answer.

The virus travels through the air (through droplets), right?  Then why is it so important to wash our hands or use sanitizer so much?  I mean, we wash our hands after using the bathroom, when coming in from outside and before eating.  This is normal.  Is there any benefit in doing this more often?

Valued Contributor

@tansy wrote:

In a similar advisory from King County, WA, older people has been defined as 60 and older.  

OMG!!  I am an OLD person!  

Honored Contributor

we have been hanging around home in Washington state for two weeks now.I get groceries early before the crowds and cook food at home.I am working out online and cancelled my dental check for now,So far so good.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tessa Mendoza  I'm not in the health profession. But when people cough, sneeze and touch things bacteria germs and viruses get on surfaces. Droplets in a sneeze can travel far. 
  Washing hands is important because we touch things and then our eyes, nose and mouth. We touch other people. 
  Hand washing prevents the spread and we need to be more careful especially in this situation.